Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superkid778 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2005, 02:48 PM
    1991 Volvo 740 vacuum problem
    I have a 1991 Volvo 740 2.3 non-turbo that is missing a major vacuum line. It starts the intake manifold and then runs up towards the master cylinder on the firewall. From that point, it "T's" off, with the bottom part of the line going up under the firewall. What I am missing is the other part of the "T". I inherited the car from my in-laws and my father in law thought he could fix it up, but I think he is the culprit for the missing vacuum hose. The car is extremely hard to start and dies if you give it any gas once it is cranked. Any help would be much appreciated. I can provide a picture of the "T" if needed.
    Thank you!
    Chris
    superkid778 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2005, 08:45 PM
    Here is a pic of the vacuum line
    Attached Images

Neos Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2007, 12:29 PM
    I saw that in the junkyard the other day. I have a 760 turbo so my setup is different.
    It definitely won't run with that hose missing. There is an idle control valve below the intake manifold - usually round, silver, about 6" long. It should have two hoses coming from it. If one is missing - that is probably the hose you are looking for.

Note. Onlooking back at the picture - my answer above may not be right, as I can't picture a hose going all the way from the firewall there to under the manifold. You can always post that pix on the Brickboard.. The Volvo Resource: brickboard.com after you set up an account. Someone will know for sure.

Note on the note. I just noted when you posted this, Hope by now you have found the answer.
    juliocg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Buen dia seÑores
    Tengo un volvo 740 turbo 1991 que al poner en marcha el motor y acelerarlo a 1000 rpm corta el pulso de injeccion y no acelera quiza alguien me pueda a ayudar
    MOORERM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 07:00 AM
    A hose that size looks like it should go to the brake assist vacuum box
    MOORERM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 07:00 AM
    Looks like it should go to the brake vacuum assist box

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Honda problem staying started [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem: 1991 Honda Accord starts when key is turn, but stalls just as quickly. After car has sat for a while, it will turn on and run. My friend is having the same problem with her 91 honda accord. Mine is a 5 speed, hers is an automatic. When this first starting happening, I had...

Dyson vacuum cleaner fault [ 5 Answers ]

Our Dyson DC01 vacuum cleaner has lost its suction. It goes, but will not pick up anything. Any suggestions please (no, not those types of suggestion!)??

1991 civic dx problem [ 1 Answers ]

My 91 Civic DX is having troubles starting. When I turn the key, the engine cranks, but it does start. Also, as its cranking, I can hear little back fires coming from the muffler. I checked the ECU in the floor and the light would blink once, pause, blink 7 times, pause, blink 10 times, pause,...

89 dodge spirit vacuum line help [ 1 Answers ]

I need either a diagram of the vacuum lines on the 2.2 dodge spirit motor or else someone who can clearly tell me where the vacuum lines run to and how many connecters are involved. The vacuum lines I am talking about are right after the vacuum line harness into the carbeurator and valve cover.

View more questions Search