Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    number2wife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Late wife's name
    My husband has been widowed for 6yrs and we recently married. We live in the same home he shared with his late wife. Her name is still on the Deed of the home. He does not see the need to change it since his Will covers all the recent changes with my name added. I was wondering if the fact that her name is still on there makes a difference if something were to happen to my husband.
    Thank you!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 9, 2007, 01:13 PM
    I don't think so. Depending on your state, his estate my automatically go to you unless he stipulates otherwise in his will. Her name on the deed will not matter because it will be easily proven that she is deceased.

If you would feel better though, you can ask a lawyer and if he/she deems it necessary depending on your state, you could probably remove her name for a small charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will I get over my wife's affair? [ 15 Answers ]

In Brief: I have been married 7 yrs. My wife and I are late 30's. I thought things were good in the relationship with my wife. My wife had enough of my controlling and "take over" way that I handled the relationship. So, she started going out with some single friends in Feb 2007. First weeknights.....

Confusion About Wife's Ex-Boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 2 1/2 years but have been together for 16 years. I've always felt we had a pretty good marriage - we talk and she has never complained about anything out of the ordinary. Apart from the usual issues all couples have... money, family, etc. we've had no major...

How do you add your name to wife's property? [ 4 Answers ]

How do you add your name (husband) to property of (wife)? Approx. how much does this cost?

Ex wife's laptop [ 13 Answers ]

My Ex Wife Has Put A Password On Her Lap Top. I Caught Her Having Affaie See Other Posts But The Evidence I Need Is On Her Lap Top. I Have Some Questions Please Help When I Turn It On It Has Password. Can I By Pass It As I Do Not Know The Password? Can I Send Her Via E Mail A Keystroke...

2 questions about my wife's health [ 2 Answers ]

My wife is not taking care of herself. She has not been to the gynocologist since our son was born (6 years tomorrow). She is self conscious and hates it. I find that understandable but she needs to go. How can I convince her?? Also, my wife does not eat healthy or work out. I don't eat...

View more questions Search