Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Chili
    What is your fave basic recipe for chili?
    (I always seem to think about chili around this time of year)
    I say basic cause I have seen recipes with chocolate !~~YUGGH

Also I was getting tired of not being able to make a good pot of spaghetti for years
    Especially the noodles. Then a friend of mines dad gave me a package of Delallo #4 spaghetti and now I LOVE spaghetti again but I want to perfect my meatballs any ideas?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Crock Pot Chili

1 lb. Ground Beef
    2 Cans Kidney Beans (drained of the juice)
    1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes
    2 sm. Cans Tomato Sauce
    4 Tbsp. Chili Powder (I usually put more, just add until it tastes right)
    2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
    2 Bay Leaves
    **Optional - Dried pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to add a little spice

1. Brown Ground Beef in a large skillet. Add to the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on High for 4 hours.

Sorry its so short and not full of much detail, I typed it out from memory... lol. This is a really chunky chili! :)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 01:56 AM
    Yet again I follow no recipe I just buy a ton of beans of all kinds and even add a can of hienz baked beanz, I don't use chopped tommatoes I use passata I clonk in things like mushrooms and a ton of onion I fry the beef or what ever mince I grab separately because I can't stand the fat.
    I don't even use a spice guide I just throw it in and also add sweet chili sauce and a table spoon of sugar the sugar gets rid of the bland yuck flavour from the spices and just helps the tomato flavour come out that way you get a good after kick without the burn.
    We can all cook but you must never be afraid to experiment no rules as to what to use just use the basic guide and go for it.
    So do you want a tomatoe sauce recipe or have you got that one sorted? That I can give it's a family tradition and I LOVE it lol.
    Meetballs sorry can't help you on that one the butcher makes them better than anyone I know lol
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Oct 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
    I had an ex-husband that was good for 1 thing anyway... he was an owner of an Italian Restaurant... I don't measure either, so here goes the meatball recipe from his restaurant:

80% lean Ground beef
    Ground pork (not seasoned)

Garlic powder
    Salt / pepper
    Raw eggs (2 per 4 lbs of meat mixture)
    Dried oregano
    Dried basil
    Very finely minced onion Or Onion powder
    Parsely
    Parmesean cheese
    Grated Asiago cheese
    Fine bread crumbs

Form into apprx 1 1/2" balls and place on baking pan

Mix together well, and bake @ 350 degrees for apprx 1 , depending on the size of your batch. If you are making a tomato sauce to go along with this, believe it or not, adding some of the grease in small amounts , really ties the two together. You don't want so much that your sauce shows any standing grease, but a couple of TBS, really helps the tomato sauce.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Hello NO:

I think you should combine your chili and your noodles. That's the way they serve chili in Cincinnati - and at Mikes Chili Parlor here in Seattle. They serve it with grated parmesan, chopped jalapeņos and onions.

It's really good.

excon
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Can't beat that Cincinnati chili. Good stuff

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Now This Is Funny... the Chili Cook Off... haha [ 2 Answers ]

If you can read this whole story without laughing then there's no hope > for you. I was crying by the end. Note: Please take time to read this > slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction of > the third judge is even better. For those of you who have lived in >...

View more questions Search