Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misstammy70 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Any Probation Officer out there?
    Can anyone tell me the exact process for transferring someone from state to state ?
    We started my husbands transfer 3 months ago . We have reached the stage where the transfer has been submitted to the receiving state . We were told that someone should be coming to our home to verify the residents with in 3 days ( No one has been here yet ).
    What comes next ? And approximately how long will it take from this point to have the transfer finished ?
    If someone could give me a break down of the process step by step that would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Hello miss:

No, I'm not a PO. We've got a couple around here. Maybe one will show up. Perhaps I'll do in a pinch.

At the top of this forum, I wrote a little thing on how to get transferred. However, you've already done all that stuff, and put it in the hands of the bureaucrats.

I know how to get it that far, but I can't tell you what bureaucrats do after they get it. I haven't a clue. I do know that you can call 'em up and ask. If I didn't get a satisfactory answer, I'd ask to speak with a supervisor. Oh, I know they don't like that, but they can't violate your old man for calling them up. Besides, if he does it politely (or you), I think it could speed things along.

If I were you, I would document every call, and follow up with a letter to the bureaucrat involved outlining the conversation. That way, you'll make sure none of them retaliate. Certainly a call to his present PO wouldn't hurt.

You need to get active in the case. In my experience, anybody who ever got anything, got it faster when they had somebody greasing the wheels - like a spouse who doesn't give up.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Officer [ 3 Answers ]

What happens when your probation officer threaten to put you in jail for not paying your restitutions because you can't get a job?

Probation officer [ 8 Answers ]

Can my brother change his prbation officer in the state of va if he went to high school w/ her ( they hated one another in school)?? :confused:

Probation Officer dilemma [ 13 Answers ]

My 19-year-old son is currently on probation. He is living at home with his father and I, and we are trying to give him encouragement and support in order to comply with the regulations set forth by the court. When he was arrested (he stole a 4-wheeler) we decided the best thing for him was to...

Probation Officer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all: There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your...

View more questions Search