Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akats68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Home transfer of ownership in Quebec
    My parents have decided they no longer want the responsibility of home ownership and would like me to take this over. The home is a duplex, with no mortgage. My parents live in the upper apartment and my family and I have lived in the lower apartment for the past 14 years. What is the best way to go about this and what types of cost are involved?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2007, 07:11 AM
    I would have them SELL you the property with your mortgage payment to them equal to their rent payment to you so it's a wash.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Check it out with a notary.

Salut!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer of ownership - result of a death [ 1 Answers ]

I have become the executor of my Father's estate following his death (12-06-2006). Within his living trust he passed on the ownership of his apartment building to me (1/3)and his wife (2/3). The property still has a mortgage. I will use a title company to conduct the proper filing with the...

Home ownership [ 1 Answers ]

How does my mother add my name to the title

Transferring Home Ownership [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to transfer ownership to someone else. How do I do this without paying any closing costs?

Transfer of Ownership [ 1 Answers ]

My mother recently became unable to care for her home. She refinanced it and asked me to move in. She is now living with my sister. I am paying the loan even though it's in her name. She has asked me to get information about transferring the ownership. She would like the house to be in...

Transferring home ownership. [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if there is a way for my parents to transfer their home to me. The reason we are trying to transfer the house to me is that they will be retiring soon and will most likely leave the country with only occasional visits back to the states. People we've talked to thus far have...

View more questions Search