Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joggs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 04:33 AM
    Lunarpages Review: Think twice before choosing them.
    I've relied on and recommended Lunarpages for years, but last week they implemented something that just disgusts me.

They've replaced the standard 404 Error page with advertisements! They word the page as if the webmaster is recommending those advertising links!

They did not notify customers or give them an option. In fact they still have not notified their customers!

In mass the customers complained on their forum and for awhile they defended their position as legal, pointing to their TOS, but after a few days removed the thread altogether and even banned their top poster who has helped people for many years.

While admittedly the price for their features is good, their customer service is lacking (they claim "24-7 award winning customer support" but they do not have 24/7 phone support), and the TOS is not a part of their sign-up: Customers are not even directed to it or asked to agree to it before signing up.

Admittedly, this issue can be fixed by assigning the error pages in the htaccess file, but still - they've got tens of thousands of customers who don't even know that their sites have been hijacked by their hosting company.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Oct 9, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBloggs
    Admitedly, this issue can be fixed by assigning the error pages in the htaccess file, but still - they've got tens of thousands of customers who don't even know that their sites have been hijacked by their hosting company.
    If you don't take responsibility for your own 404 and other HTTP response status code pages, why should you care? The sites are not being hijacked, they are being mismanaged.

But alas, this website is not for 'Reviews', it is for Q&A. I suggest you write up a review at Reviews from Epinions or some other website that specializes in opinions and reviews.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 06:01 AM
    You know I am not sure if this is a real "complaint" or a advertising, low rates, everything else good and then they tell you how to fix the one problem.

But even then, should this is a "complaint" site, I am going to hit the report button and see what the admin people think
    Joggs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Sorry, I should have formed a question out of it.

Has anyone else had any issues with Lunarpages?

I am not advertising Lunarpages, I am advising against them. Their rates for the space and bandwidth are not unlike so many other hosts who 1) have 24/7 phone support and 2) will not go behind their customer's backs to do something like Lunarpages did.
    Roel Zylstra Posts: 84, Reputation: 14
    Tech entrepreneur, perpetual student,lover of life

Jul 29, 2010, 03:50 PM

Well if you should have formed a question of it, why didn't you? (Why didn't you change the title, that is?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Policy Review [ 3 Answers ]

I am so confused! :eek: Assume that Hickory Company has the following data related to its accounts receivable: 2005 2006 Net sales.. . $1,425,000 $1,650,000 Net receivables: Beginning of year.. . 375,000 333,500 End of year.. . 420,000 375,000 Use these data to compute accounts...

Leak sealer review [ 3 Answers ]

What works best to seal or stop a leak in home airconditioning system ? How about in line add on fluid to stop a leak like super seal or pro-tight ? How about plug on stuff like Leak Lock ?

Review DWV scheme [ 4 Answers ]

New construction. Full bath lower on slab, also the drain from a washing machine. Full bath and kitchen sink on floor above. Two attached pics show the proposed scheme. One shot looks up from under the slab, the other gives a birdseye view. I should have put labels in the pics, but here...

Article review [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to write an article review in apa style?

AP Physics Semester Review [ 2 Answers ]

I'm totally and completely lost on most of these questions. It's a lot, but it would be a huge help even if anyone could answer even one of them. Hopefully there isn't a rule to posting multiple questions? Thank you so much! 3) Net torque produces ____ 9) A machine gun fires 55g bullets...

View more questions Search