Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zuke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 01:56 AM
    My PC Starts, then shuts down
    Hey all,
    OK just put a new motherboard in & cpu & basically it boots for about 5-10 seconds then shuts down again, getting shorter each time unless I leave it while any ideas

Thanks
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 19, 2005, 03:13 AM
    Is your cpu fan working - sounds like overheating to me!
    Zuke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 04:01 AM
    Problem solved
    Thanks for your quick response mate. I found the problem. The CPU wasn't embedded properly (I didn't put it in LOL). Once I pushed it in properly it kicked off no problems. Plus as I said in my first post it would shut down in 5-10secs so it didn't have time to overheat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well pump starts with a BANG! [ 3 Answers ]

My well pump usually - but not always - starts with a major BANG! We had a new Goulds 7gpm pump installed a year ago. Several months later the water would stop flowing for a second, as the pump took too long to cut in after the low pressure trip point was reached. No air is getting into the...

Loud buzz when central A/C starts [ 1 Answers ]

Each time my central A/C starts, there is a loud buzz for 1 second. The unit is new and works fine - just wondering if this is unusual. I've been told its probably the relay sending power out to the outside condenser. Anyone else familiar with this?

91 Honda Civic starts by itself [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda civic that tries to start by itself with no key in the ignition. It will keep going until you take the cable off the battery. Wondering if this is a starter problem or an ignition problem. :confused:

Water stops then starts [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: just recently when I have been taking a shower the water pressure slowly dies out until the water becomes just a trickle for about 2 minutes and then the pressure kicks bak in and the water returns to normal pressure. This has been happening more and more lately. It also happens in the...

1988 Honda Civic DX - Starts & Stops [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having problems getting my Civic to run consistently. It will run for about 3-4 miles and then stall out and won't start again until it cools off for a couple of hours. When I try to restart it, it sounds like it's going to start but it just won't go all the way. It goes through more coolant...

View more questions Search