Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 01:12 AM
    Working out entire body in one day? Effective?
    I work out my chest, arms, legs, shoulders all in one day and I work out every week. Many have been saying that I will not develop any body muscles by doing this.. and I was wondering if this was a false statement. Lots of people have a schedule to work out chests, shoulders, triceps one day.. and the next they'd work out biceps, back and legs.. but I do it all in one. I'm trying to gain muscle.. but would like to know if working out my entire body in one day is useless. Do I need my own schedule or it doesn't matter? :confused:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2005, 05:17 AM
    Muscles
    Hi,
    At 63 yrs old, I don't do workouts that strenious anymore; needless to say.
    Anyway, years before, I worked out with weights, 3 times a week. I did all the exercises for the whole body at one time.
    The body needs a "break" in between times, such as a day or two. In the beginning, it took about 3 weeks before I realized I was now working out with more weight. After a short time, muscles begin to build.
    I would suggest doing the entire body at one time. but, just once a week might not be enough.
    For example, if a steel construction worker only worked one day a week, he/she would feel the same exhaustion, weak feelings, the next week. When they do their jobs everyday, look at all the muscles! But, I would give yourself a break every other day.
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 19, 2005, 07:35 AM
    Yes, many people do work out their whole bodies in one day, but there is a problem with that. Your muscle development will be much slower. If I work my entire upperbody, for example, in one day, by the end of a work out, which ever muscle you work last, will already be slightly strained from a full day of workingout every muscle, and your energy level is too low to thoroughly workout each muscle in a day. If you consistently do it mulitple times a week (2-3X's) than your muscle endurance is what will actually increase the most. Whenever I have a long break (months) from working out, I always start working my whole body just for the endurance, but my variety of lifts is always limited. I can't do what I usually do.( Imay just do bench and incline for my chest instead of doing bench, incline, decline, dumbbell press, flies, etc which I normally do when focusing on a specific muscle. Imagine if you did all of those workouts along with five different lifts for your back, biceps, triceps, abs, neck, quads, lats, calves, etc. You'd be working out for a freaking long time, and you probably wouldn't make it home. If you don't want to do such a thorough workout you can stick with the basics and do your whole body. But I recommend expanding your workout and making it more thorough. I work out mon - thu (not including cardio) on Mon and Wed I'll do my chest, biceps, lats, calves, and on tue and thu ill do tricep, neck, back, quads, and each workout will take up to 2 hours. So it depends on what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure - entire house [ 2 Answers ]

I've read many of the other posts, and I'm somewhat re-assured that I'm not the only one having problems with hot water pressure. For confirmation, here's my problem: I have a standard gas hot water heater in my basement; throughout the entire house my hot water pressure has recently dropped...

WinAVI won't convert entire file anymore [ 1 Answers ]

I have a registered copy of WinAVI 6.3 that I've previously used to convert an AVI file to VOB. Then it stopped working right. It would convert to a certain percent, usually 13%, and then stop. So I reinstalled and tried a different AVI file. Same problem. Has anybody else had this problem? How can...

Low hot water pressure entire house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. We have 3 yr old house/ boiler and have noticed recently an overall drop in our hot water pressure. We have a thermo dynamics oil fed boiler(no hot water tank). Could our heating coil be getting "crudded up" w/ mineral deposits like a hot water heater? How do we test or...

Simple, Effective Information [ 17 Answers ]

Through my father, I have experience with unions and some of their shortfalls. Communication is certainly one of them. I'm a pretty young kid looking to put something together for keeping people up-to-speed on ALL the topics that concern union members: news, legal action, local directories. I've...

Effective Marketing per USA Today [ 1 Answers ]

http://www.usatoday.com/money/books/reviews/2005-07-25-buzz-marketing_x.htm Want to know how effective your marketing is? Mark Hughes suggests that You ask your customers two questions. How did you hear about us? Would you go out of your way to recommend our product to a friend? If...

View more questions Search