Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matrix00 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 11:04 PM
    Setting up Windows Server 2003
    Okay I have a few questions.
    First is my Cable ISP gives me a Dynamic IP Address. But I would like to set up a home net work with Windows 2003 server.

I would like to physically set it up this way. Modem to Router with DHCP turned off on the router, then router to server with DHCP, then server to switch and the switch of course to the other systems.

My biggest question is how do I get AD, DHCP, and DNS to work properly. I tried to set it up before and failed. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated. I also am very new to this but need to learn this.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 19, 2005, 01:51 AM
    More Info please
    What problems are you having with AD, DHCP, and DNS ?

Error messages etc please.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2005, 05:07 AM
    Windows 2003 server
    Hi,
    Here is a link with drawings, and step by step on how to do it:

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...dows_2003.html

Oct 19, 2005, 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the help. :)

Oct 25, 2005, 04:53 PM
    I just wanyed to say thanks for all the help. I figured it all out I bought a good book. Now I have my File, AD, DNS, DHCP, set up and running.

Thanks again.

Oh and if Any one knows how to get Fedora added to a windows network that would be great.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Oct 25, 2005, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix00
    Oh and if Any one knows how to get Fedora added to a windows network that would be great.
    http://samba.org

Have fun.
    hd_usermspi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2005, 01:28 AM
    hi Matrix00,

can you tell me what book that is... I'm also having the same case

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Server 2003 Share Access [ 9 Answers ]

I am in the process of upgrading a peer to peer windows xp network environment to a windows server 2003 domain. My clients have windows xp pro with a third party program installed for point of sale and accounts receivable management. The program requires access to a network share folder housing the...

Information Store Crashes Server 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Microsoft Server 2003 machine that will, for no apparent reason, crash when it reaches the Information Store during a backup. Unfortunately it will not do it every time, only sometimes if it is left to backup overnight. The whole computer will just lock up. There are no error messages...

Win server 2003: unique problem [ 6 Answers ]

One morning, I cannot log on to the domain. All clients cannot logon. Netlogon is not working so I cannot use mapped drives. I cannot run tool like DCdiag. Event viewer - Event ID 13516 - FRS (File replication service) is no longer preventing the computer... from becoming a domain controller. ...

Linux. 2003 Server & XP [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys/gals. I have a question the issue I'm having is this. I want to have 3 OS's on 2 hard drives I currently have: XP Pro on my 80Gig - Master 2K3 Server & Linux on my 40Gig - Slave I want to know how I can setup a boot system that will let me chose which OS I desire, I have tried to...

View more questions Search