Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crunk_fo_Jesus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:05 PM
    i need to find an equation of the line that satisfies the given conditions.
    through (-1,2) ; parallel to the line x=5
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Hint:

Find the line through (-1,2) that has the slope of the line x-5.
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Oct 8, 2007, 07:58 PM
    The equation of the line should be in the form y = mx + b. The m is your slope and the x and y are your point coordinates. So you just plug in the numbers solve for b and then express your equation. Since x = 5 is parallel we know that 5 is the slope so m = 5. we have the coordinates (-1,2) which u plug in for x and y. then u just solve for b and voilą you have your equation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find the sewer line. [ 7 Answers ]

I need to move a full bath in my basement. However, the sewer line can take one of two routes to one of two streets both having sewer mains. I have no telltale outside vents or cleanouts that I have been able to locate. What's the best way, before I start destroying concrete, to locate the...

Writing an Equation of a Line [ 2 Answers ]

parallel to the line y=4x+1, and that passes through points (2,3).

Find the solution of the equation [ 1 Answers ]

Solve |z|-z=1+2i

Ever find out someone died, but not right away, like years down the line? [ 9 Answers ]

I just found out today that mitch hedberg died. I know I am late, really late, but I don't ever remember hearing anything about that. And it really took me back. He was my favorite comedian. I really do love comedy, just I didn't know that these people had websites and stuff. It just never occurred...

View more questions Search