Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ulr037 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Oct 18, 2005, 10:09 PM
    Registry Question
    This is the final thing I have yet to do.) ( I think) With all the information that has been provided to me, I am just going over my notes to make sure I have done everything. I have done everything below. But I know some of you were giving suggestions about a registry cleaner. Do I still need to do this? Can I get a free registry cleaner or whatever they are called from the internet? Then I think I am pretty much on my way with the security aspect of this little adventure. Please advise. Thanks a heap,

Lori ;)

All of the following have been performed:
    Download: SpyBot Search & Destroy; 1.3
    (If you use the Spyware Blaster free program, then don't set SpyBot to the Immunization feature) However have not done this yet but that was another question in a new thread. Like, How do I do this - it was already installed and immunization was ialready initiated!
    AdAware
    CWShredder
    SpyWare Blaster 3.3 - the one I downloaded was 3.4

Lori
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2005, 05:46 AM
    Registry
    Hi, Lori,
    I use a great registry cleaner; which use to be free. The free version is no longer available. But, at $17 US, it is a very great buy.
    http://www.jv16.org/
    I highly recommend it. I don't know of any good free registry cleaners now, but maybe someone else will post a site for one.
    As to the Immunize, open SpyBot.
    Then, on the left, click on Immunize icon. Then, in that window, at the top, click on the Undo icon. This should remove it. Also, look about halfway down, to see if it says anything about the immunization has not taken effect because SpyWare Blaster is already installed.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2005, 06:01 AM
    I'm a fan of Ccleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/

Oh, and by the way, the current version of Spybot is 1.4, that's the one you want.
    ulr037 Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Oct 19, 2005, 09:14 AM
    :o :o :o :o

I just noticed something. How did I get from Newbie to Junior expert? I certainly am not a junior expert? :confused:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2005, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ulr037
    :o :o :o :o

I just noticed something. How did I get from Newbie to Junior expert? I certainly am not a junior expert? :confused:
    It changes stricly by your post count.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registry [ 23 Answers ]

How do I manually clean my registry?

Using a registry cleaner [ 3 Answers ]

I am using a registry cleaner and doing an aggressive scan. The report has shown up Invalid ProgID entry's (OLE/DDE) and Invalid ApplD entry's (OLE/DDE) What are these and how safe is...

Messed up my registry. [ 7 Answers ]

Few months back I did something I got from a website that supposedly would let me print a directory list. Well, I don't like the format that it prints, and it would not let me SAVE the list (which was really my goal). Worse yet, I now have to right click > Open all folders on my computer. When...

Registry Cleaners [ 4 Answers ]

Using win98se (I know but xp won't solve my problem as I kind of like 98). I've got about 4 registry cleaners--paid for 1, 3 are free downloads (JV16, etc). When I run all these programs, they all want to delete iexplore.exe (in addition to junk). What's with that? I've never had a problem...

Registry where art thou? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I navigate to the registry in XP??

View more questions Search