Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    algranville2000 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 08:37 PM
    Can my panasonic cf-47 play dvds?
    I have a Panasonic CF-47 Toughbook, model year about 2000. It has a Pentium II, with a CDROM. My question is: Can this machine play a DVD? Of course it can play CDs, but I was wondering if CDs and DVDs are virtually the same, as far as my CDROM is concerned. Thanks for an answer.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 18, 2005, 10:14 PM
    After checking the specs here: http://cleveland.backpage.com/buysel...0731&name=free

The answer is NO as it doesn't support DVD's
    algranville2000 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 11:26 PM
    PANASONIC CF-47 not accommodating DVDs
    Curlyben-

Thanks for the answer. I'm getting a DVD from my 40th high school reunion. Can I, or somebody, convert that to a CD?
    Thanks for your response.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2005, 05:29 AM
    Dvd
    Hi,
    You can give your DVD to a friend who has a computer with a DVD drive, and it also needs a burner drive. Some now do the same playing and burning DVD's all-in-one.
    They can copy the DVD to the hard drive and then burn it to a CD-R, so you can view it in your CD-ROM, or, they can just copy it directly from the DVD and burn it to the CD-R, depending on what kind and how many drives their computer has.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 19, 2005, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by algranville2000
    Curlyben-

Thanks for the answer. I'm getting a DVD from my 40th high school reunion. Can I, or somebody, convert that to a CD?
    Thanks for your response.
    That depends on what's on the DVD. It may be possible to copy the files off the DVD and burn to a CD or it may not.

DVD players are cheap, so you might consider getting one to hook to your TV. If you want to get an external DVD driver to hook to your laptop, you can find them for $50-$100.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone use their laptop to play DVDs for the kids in a minivan? [ 5 Answers ]

Just wanted to know how much wattage I need when I go shopping for one of those power inverters? I have an IBM Thinkpad R51.

Panasonic Video Switcher [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm not sure if this question may be too technical to be asking here, but is anyone familiar with a Panasonic WJ-5500 broadcast video switcher? We broadcast on the Internet and we use one of these, but it needs to be tuned a little. What I really need to know is how to adjust the...

What dvds do I need [ 10 Answers ]

I have a atapi dvd2x16x4x16 dvd+rdl dvd+re writeable dvdr/rw ultra speed what are the best dvd blanks I should use please

Computer won't play dvds [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there When I tried to play a dvd on my PC on powerdvd it says 'The powerdvd Direct show decorder filters have not been installed properly' But I never use this and have never unistalled it or anything like that it came with the PC when I bought it 3 years ago and used to work fine , I also...

Memory Reset for Rechargeable Panasonic Cordless Phone Battery [ 0 Answers ]

I was recently experiencing terrible performance of the handset battery for my cordless Panasonic KX-TG2730S (or KX-TG2730) telephone. I searched the user manuals and the Panasonic website for a solution but could not find one. So I called Panasonic at 1-800-211-7262 to see if there was anything...

View more questions Search