Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannenkatherine Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2007, 12:22 PM
    When can I change my belly ring if things are going well?
    :confused: I want to know when can I please change my belly ring. My belly ring is goin great and I had it done since September 5,2007. I also was wondering if I use H2Ocean do I continue using sea salt? HELP
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:33 PM
    It would be best if you wait 2 more weeks before changing. You want to make sure that your piercing is in its prime before changing the jewelry. Trust me, it will be worth it to wait that extra 2 weeks.

I personally do not recommend using sea salts because they can dry out your piercing, but if you do use it make sure you do not over-use it. In a lot of cases, sea salts are more harmful than helpful. People think that if they clean their piercing and use sea salt more than actually needed its good for the piercing, but in all actuality it is not.

Oct 8, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Oh okay thanks. Also should I stop using the sea salts twice a day ?
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:37 PM
    If you feel that the sea salts are absolutely necessary, then I would only use them once a day, if that. If you are using h2ocean, its not a good idea to use sea salts all the time. H2ocean has salt in it as well, so that is double the salt that you are putting on your piercing.

Oct 8, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Okay so I'll just put da H2Ocean. So when I do change it . What kind of belly rings do you recommend to put in so the piercing doesn't get infected?
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Rings are the best, but if you don't want a ring (if you'd rather have a barbell), don't put anything flashy/dangly. Belly button rings have a huge tendency to get caught on clothing, so the less there is to get caught, the better.

Oct 8, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Yeah well I can buy the rings from any jewelry store or one in particular?
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:46 PM
    You can buy rings from anyone that carries body jewelry. I get my body jewelry from Hot Topic most of the time, just because the mall is down the street and its convenient, but you can get the jewelry from anyone that carries it.

Also, make sure you steer clear of any metal that you may be allergic to.

Oct 8, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Okay thanks. You are truly a person I count on for my piercing! <33333
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:59 PM
    You're welcome and good luck with your piercing! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I change my belly ring? [ 5 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced 3weeks ago and the person who pierced it said to come back in a month-6 weeks and that they will change the belly ring for me. Well I'm wondering after they change the belly ring how long I have to wait until I can change it again?

My Belly Ring Will Not Unscrew!what Do I Do? [ 32 Answers ]

Hey you, I got my belly button pierced and I tried 2 get it off last night and its STUCK!! I tried using pliers but it hurts and it won't turn in any direction (left nor right)And when I try 2 unscrew it it won't turn, and its pussing a little now. Wat do I do?? Should I go 2 tha doctors or is...

Left belly ring out too long [ 2 Answers ]

Listin I need help fast I took my elly button ring out because it got red and my mom wa sgetting mad and now I'm worried I can't put it back in because it hurts I've had it for 6 months now will it close up if I leave it out for 3 days Some one help

Belly ring troubles [ 10 Answers ]

:eek: ummm, well I got mi navel pierced and it sort of has this small bump, it is soft and its kind of under mi belly ring, but when I move the ring to the side I can see it, do any of you no what it is?? is it suppose 2 look like this?? and its lighter than tha rest of the hole when it gt pierced...

Belly Ring Stuck [ 6 Answers ]

hey Everyone, I am writing because I need your help. I recently got my belly ring pierced (july 2006) and today I had to go to the radiologist because I was in a car accident last week and needed some x-rays done. Anyway, long story short, they asked me to take my belly ring out but I couldn't...

View more questions Search