Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Political Riddle
    Why do you suppose:

Let's see now... in the field of GOP candidates, declared and potential, Southern Conservatives have to choose between...

An twice-married, admitted adulterer who's going to be 72 in 2008...

An thrice-married adulterer...

A thrice married Italian Catholic adulterer (and occasional drag queen) who's wife has the same amount of marriages...

And then there's Fred Thompson. Twice Married... and the second time to a woman 25 years~! His junior.

While Not a single one of the 2008 Democratic contenders has ever been divorced.
    Not one. :D
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 8, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Yeah. And Bill and Hillary never got divorced either.

That made Bill an EXCELLENT President, didn't it?

I am going to vote for Mickey Mouse, just like I always do. There's a single guy who's been faithful to his girlfriend of 70+ years (though a bit commitment-shy, since they still aren't married). He's good with his girlfriend's nieces, is faithful to his friends, no matter how silly they get, and he's always happy. He's all-American, smart, learns from his mistakes, and people everywhere love him.

And lord knows he can't be any WORSE than any other candidate.

PS... I think your focus on the marital relations of candidates is somewhat silly--how does what they do in their personal life affect whether affect how they can do their jobs? How would YOU like a background check like that? "I see here, Ms. Synnen, that you had a child when you were 17. That automatically disqualifies you from this job, because I'm more morally upright than you are, obviously."
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Yeah. And Bill and Hillary never got divorced either.

That made Bill an EXCELLENT President, didn't it?

I am going to vote for Mickey Mouse, just like I always do. There's a single guy who's been faithful to his girlfriend of 70+ years (though a bit commitment-shy, since they still aren't married). He's good with his girlfriend's nieces, is faithful to his friends, no matter how silly they get, and he's always happy. He's all-American, smart, learns from his mistakes, and people everywhere love him.

And lord knows he can't be any WORSE than any other candidate.

PS...I think your focus on the marital relations of candidates is somewhat silly--how does what they do in their personal life affect whether affect how they can do their jobs? How would YOU like a background check like that? "I see here, Ms. Synnen, that you had a child when you were 17. That automatically disqualifies you from this job, because I'm more morally upright than you are, obviously."
    Exactly…what does family values and character have to do with politics?:rolleyes:
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 11:37 AM
    I prefer to consider qualifications .

Riddle : What would Evita be qualified for without Bubba ?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 8, 2007, 12:10 PM
    I think they are trying to work the adulterer, multiply married angle.

After all, the 50 % of all marriages end in divorce statistic gets thrown around a lot.
    That is a lot of potential votes.

And they probably conceded the "family value's" vote to the Democrats after their discussion of their faith in the MSM awhile ago.

Grace and peace
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    I prefer to consider qualifications .

Riddle : What would Evita be qualified for without Bubba ?
    So, family values and character have no part in your qualification process?

But the important point is this: God does not tell us to look for men who have the gift of teaching or leading or exhortation. Further, he does not tell us to look for men with dynamic personalities, or who are regarded by people as great pulpiteers or men of oratory, or for men who are successful businessmen. God’s emphasis is not on giftedness or on dynamic personalities because such things in themselves never qualify a man for leadership.
    The emphasis is on godly character. The leadership needs men who are first and foremost men of God.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 8, 2007, 01:10 PM
    YOUR god might not.

Mine doesn't give a HOOT about politics.

Rather than looking at their married record, shouldn't you look at what good they've done with their office?

I don't care what someone does in their own bedroom, as long as I'm not paying for it with taxpayer money (like, for example, the thousands of "godly" people on welfare because they won't use birth control).

I'm still thinking Mickey Mouse is a better candidate than a democrat OR a republican.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    YOUR god might not.

Mine doesn't give a HOOT about politics.

Rather than looking at their married record, shouldn't you look at what good they've done with their office?

I don't care what someone does in their own bedroom, as long as I'm not paying for it with taxpayer money (like, for example, the thousands of "godly" people on welfare because they won't use birth control).

I'm still thinking Mickey Mouse is a better candidate than a democrat OR a republican.
    Family values and character have everything to do with my God; being in politics is not an exemption.:)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Mitt Romney has been married to the same woman for 38 years, his only marriage I believe. Should we count his potential eternal wives?

Mike and Janet Huckabee celebrated their 33rd year of marriage in May. I believe Duncan Hunter has been married for 34 years to his wife, Lynne.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Mitt Romney has been married to the same woman for 38 years, his only marriage I believe. Should we count his potential eternal wives?

Mike and Janet Huckabee celebrated their 33rd year of marriage in May. I believe Duncan Hunter has been married for 34 years to his wife, Lynne.
    There was bound to be an exception:)

EDIT... But is he a contender?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Lots of fractured families among the Republican contenders, that is a fact.

I have to hand it to Mitt Romney and all the Democratic contenders... they have a maturity that the others lack.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux

I have to hand it to Mitt Romney and all the Democratic contenders.....they have a maturity that the others lack.
    Maturity... I like that word;)
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Oct 8, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    Why do you suppose:

Let's see now...in the field of GOP candidates, declared and potential, Southern Conservatives have to choose between....

An twice-married, admitted adulterer who's going to be 72 in 2008...

An thrice-married adulterer....

A thrice married Italian Catholic adulterer (and occasional drag queen) who's wife has the same amount of marriages...

and then there's Fred Thompson. Twice Married...and the second time to a woman 25 years~! his junior.

While Not a single one of the 2008 Democratic contenders has ever been divorced.
    Not one.
    :D
    That's only because democrats don't know when to quit! :D
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 8, 2007, 07:09 PM
    DC-

Off the top of my head, I think the riddle involves McCain and Giuliani.

Awhile back I mentioned Sam Brownback. Out of the Republican candidates, he comes closest to representing the views that concern my priorities. He is married and father of five children. I have not read of any divorces and adulterous affairs. I do, however, advocate divorce as necessary in some situations, especially spousal abuse and another valid reason being adultery. This election may dwell on hypocrisy more than ever as personal lives are analyzed. I think the smarter ran campaigns, regardless of party affiliation, will be willing to admit their own faults as knowledge becomes public domain. I suspect we all respect honesty and although I don't expect 2008 to produce clean campaigns, L-rd knows that would be refreshing.

Bobby

PS. I see that you have traded in last month's valley girl gig for the masked Christian crusader.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux

I have to hand it to Mitt Romney and all the Democratic contenders.....they have a maturity that the others lack.
    Define maturity. Would it be Hillary dismissing and accusing a voter of being a plant for asking a legitimate question? Being advised by a guy that stuffed stolen classified documents down his pants? Taking campaign cash from fugitives? Patronizing blacks in church? How about letting your wife throw the punches you won't like John Edwards?
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    DC-

Bobby

PS. I see that you have traded in last month's valley girl gig for the masked Christian crusader.
    Yeah, just like a politico I have a new face for every occasion:D

Oct 9, 2007, 07:50 PM
    The Monica Button

Bobby:)
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    The Monica Button

Shouldn't that be on "The greatest words ever spoken about politics" post? :D

Oct 10, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Shouldn't that be on "The greatest words ever spoken about politics" post? :D

LOL! It is ironic. :)

Bobby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Political Science [ 1 Answers ]

What does electoral vote mean?

Is political correctness what it used to be? [ 5 Answers ]

Have we outgrown political correctness, or is it still with us? I get confusing readings from the media on this one. I remember that once upon a time, political correctness was being promoted because many people believe that removing hate speech from public dialogues woud keep the hate from...

Political parties [ 3 Answers ]

How do political parties influence the selection of canidates running for election at the state and local level?

Political limericks [ 9 Answers ]

Join in if you can do one better. All for Poo and giggles... This was written by imo at japantoday forum at limericks R us. There once was a president named bush Who flew by the seat of his tush About his vision, when queried He said, I have a great theory

Political correctness [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am curious as to why in this day and age when every word uttered publicly must be politically correct, (e.g. mailperson as opposed to mailman, and firefighter vis-à-vis fireman) first year college students are still called freshmen, as opposed to freshstudents, or freshpeople. Mark

View more questions Search