Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfmsuds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Whole house water supply copper to cpvc
    I recently bought a house with a private well . The previous owner never had any type of water treatment or filter system on the water supply. Because of this all the 1/2" copper tube is lined with sediment and sludge restricting the flow to all faucets and outlets. There is already some 3/4" cpvc in the basement between the well jet pump and bladder tank. My question is what is the proper what to go from 1/2" copper tubing to 3/4" cpvc. I have all the 3/4" cpvc and elbows, tee's and couplings. The house is a small rancher and I want to do it right the first time. Thanks for you answers
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 8, 2007, 12:37 PM
    My question is what is the proper what to go from 1/2" copper tubing to 3/4" cpvc.
    Purchase a copper 1/2 slip to 3/4" FIP adapter and solder it on to the copper pipe. Prime and glue a 3/4" PVC male adapter on the PVC after you wrap the threadsd in Teflon tape and screw it into the copper adapter. You have just converted to PVC. Good luck, Tom
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 01:46 PM
    If you are not up to one solder joint, look for a 1/2'' Shark-Bite coupling at Ace Hardware or a plumbing supply. Connect to 1/2'' CPVC, then adapt up to 3/4''

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper vs CPVC [ 4 Answers ]

What are the positives and negatives in using cpvc instead of using copper except for price

CPVC v/s copper for new shower install [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently installing a shower in my basement and everything has went smoothly so far. My question is, does it matter whether you use copper lines or CPVC line as the water feed lines on a new install? (By that I also mean between the shower head and the faucet) Most showers I've seen in...

CPVC vs copper [ 17 Answers ]

To me, CPVC sure seems easier. Just a simple glue process. Copper however, needs to be soldered. If I'm running water for a bathroom, why SHOULDN'T I use CPVC? Am I not allowed to put it enclosed in a wall? I have no experience with copper pipes, but having experience soldering electrical...

Copper pipes to cpvc: still ground the old copper? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... again... I have two copper stub outs that come into my garage, one the cold water in, which goes to my waterheater, and one hot water out, to the rest of the house, underground (slab construction). I will be re-plumbing my water heater and adding a bathroom from these lines, but I...

Replace copper with CPVC? [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a new shower and plan to replace the esisting copper plumbing with CPVC, not just for the shower, but for the whole bathroom. Is there any problems associated with doing this? I am much more confident with CPVC than with sweating copper! Thanks

View more questions Search