Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpea4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Multimedia audio controller
    I have a yellow question mark beside multimedia audio controller and I don't know what this means. I have sound on my computer and all of my drivers seem to be up to date. I tried to install a driver for this but nothing happens. I don't know much about my computer information except that I know my computer is a rebuilt model. Can anyone help me figure this out.
    WiredForSound Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea4
    I have a yellow question mark beside multimedia audio controller and I don't know what this means. I have sound on my computer and all of my drivers seem to be up to date. I tried to install a driver for this but nothing happens. I don't know much about my computer information except that I know my computer is a rebuilt model. Can anyone help me figure this out.
    You may have multiple sound cards on your computer, most motherboards have on board sound. It sounds like you have an added (usually upgraded) pci card, since you stated you have sound. You can opt to disable the unused sound application by right clicking on it in device manager, and selecting disable. Hope this helps, and please be sure to rate me. Thanks! Have a great day.
    sweetpea4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Hi, Thanks for the info. Yes I was able to figure it out after some lengthy research on the web. Yes I do have another sound card installed and I found out my computer info so I was able to download the driver for my onboard sound.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

No multimedia audio controller. [ 7 Answers ]

I think I may have accidentally deleted my multimedia audio controller on my computer and I do not have any sound on my computer at all anymore. Can you please help me repair this issue. Any help will be greatly appriatted

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get my sound to work on my computer and I accidentally deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer how do I get it back on my computer so I can hear sound again

Multimedia audio controller [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed Catz5 on my computer and the sound will not work. On checking the system device manager it shows a yellow question mark on the multimedia audio controller section. Any clues how to sort the problem out.

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a new member, would like to ask a few question. I accidentally deleted the driver. I am using windows xp pro for Compaq, AMD Sempron. Can you help ?

View more questions Search