Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJC_50 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Workday function
    Hi.
    I have a problem with the workday function. I have used it so that the formula adds 10 workings days onto the date in the previous cell.
    The formula I have used is =WORKDAY(I17,10)

the formula works fine when I have it on my spreadsheet. But when I have transferred it to other computers most of them don't work. The result just comes up with Name?

why is it that the workday function doesn't work with some of the other computers. I thought it was because I was using the 2007 version of excel but all of the other computers have 2003 and some work while others don't.
    Is there an update I have to install to get this function? If so where do it get it from?

Thanks
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Oct 8, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AJC_50
    Hi.
    I have a problem with the workday function. i have used it so that the formula adds 10 workings days onto the date in the previous cell.
    The formula i have used is =WORKDAY(I17,10)

the formula works fine when i have it on my spreadsheet. But when i have transferred it to other computers most of them dont work. The result just comes up with Name??

why is it that the workday function doesnt work with some of the other computers. I thought it was because i was using the 2007 version of excel but all of the other computers have 2003 and some work while others dont.
    Is there an update i have to install to get this function? If so where do it get it from?

Thanks
    I have had this problem before. It could be one of these two things (could be other things, but these are the only things that worked for me personally).

1. Highlight the column with the formula in it. Go to Tools, text to column, and keep clicking next until you come to up click Finish. This helps me a lot.

OR

2. Highlight the column, Go to Tools/AddIns/Analysis Toolpak

I used this when using a similar function to yours. (Mine was =Networkdays(K2,M2)...

I hope this may be useful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Function of frequency [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir, Iam using a electronic system called conveyor belt in which motor is connected with ac drive of 3hp, our indicator gives 4-20milli amp to drive and accordingly drive runs the motor , so tell me what role does frequency play.

Exponential function [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there again How would you simplify this equation in the attached document below: I have tried to make 9^x=3^2x then from I don't have a 3^x, so I can't LET Y be anything... Thanks

Relations and Function [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there could you please help me with this question A rectangular paddock is to be fenced using 200 metres of fencing. If x is the length of one side then the domain of x is: Multiple choice of answers in attachment Thank you

Logarithmic function [ 1 Answers ]

I need to answer this logarithmic function. Label at least three points on the graph and vertical asymptote. y=3+log5x.

TV Out Function On [ 0 Answers ]

I've got a DVD drive and the PowerDVD 5.0 player and every time I try to watch a newer DVD, I get the error message "TV out function error", I look at the details and it says I can't play copyright protected DVD's with the TVout function enabled. The weird thing is, ALL my graphics adapters just...

View more questions Search