Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Online database recommendation?
    I've long wanted to upgrade from the cheezy Database application I'm using and since I'll have to learn something new I'd rather learn something that's online, so that I can access it from anywhere.

I've seen several but don't want to dig into any of them until I can get some good recommendations.

Can anyone suggest a good free one?

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Intuit has one, I think its called Quickdata that I used a while back that was good. You might also look to see if you can use space on a Sharepoint server.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 8, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Does your web host offer Db facilities ?
    Like mySQL for example ?
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Thanks, Scott. I'll check out Intuit's app.

Yes, Ben, I've got unlimited mySQL... but don't know how to use it. I've always farmed out database work when clients need it.

Is there an easy way to make my own using mySQL?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2007, 07:28 AM
    MySQL is just the backend, it stores the data. You need to use some front end code (PHP, ASP, etc.) to handle the I/O between the page and the database.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 8, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Seems like a good excuse to broaden your web design expertise ;)
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Frankly, I've got more business than I can handle just doing plain-jane-html-in-tables sites :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer recommendation that does duplexing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello keepitsimple and anyone else, Can you recommend a printer that does duplexing. Apparently, my current printer has that capability, but I would need to replace the rollers. I'm in the market for a new printer. Besides that piece of tape on the recently acquired printer is not...

Retirement recommendation [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 30 years old and I'm self employed. I never have any retirement plan and planning to start one soon. My wife is 28 years old and she has some basic 401 k true the company that she works. Will some one please recommend as good retirement plan. Thank you

Software recommendation. [ 12 Answers ]

I'm tired of trying to use Excel as a database. Navigating to what I want amongst the rows, columns and tabs is becoming a nightmare. My needs are simple: to organize info and sometimes convert it for use on a website. Blew my mind to see the prices! MyDatabase at about $30 seems to cover...

Book Recommendation [ 10 Answers ]

I just finished reading Michael Crichton's State of Fear. I think its one of the most important books I have ever read in my lifetime (and I'm an avid reader). I would strongly urge everyone to run out and get a copy (its in paperback or at your local library) and read it immediately.

View more questions Search