Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gus-v Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 08:26 PM
    My dog just began peeing on women's legs?
    My dog is not fixed and I heard that if I fix him he would stop but we are not ready to fix him My sons have always wanted a puppy so we would like to get one first from our male lab. But in the meantime I need to stop him from peeing on people at the dog park. What do I do?
    trueblooe Posts: 31, Reputation: -9

Oct 7, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Your dog is marking out his territory e is learning every time he goes to pee scream real loud at him he eventually will get the message
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 04:06 AM
    The key to most behavior problems is approaching things using the dog's natural instincts. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position, Letting your dog know you are the boss

Get him neutered. Don't let him pass on his bad behavior.

Don't scream loudly at him. I know of no expert that says scream at a dog. In a sharp, but not loud voice, interrupt him with ''Ah, ah, ah!'' and call him to you.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Gusv. My neighbors have a pug unneutered will be 2 in Jan. When they first got him at 4 months old. I advised that they get him neutered and told them of some of the behavior problems that they might face if they did not take charge. Well his behavior is getting progressivley worse. He is trying to bite now, peeing on peoples feet and running off. They yell, scream and tell him what a bad boy he is. Each day I see him getting worse and worse. Screaming and not neutering, him has done nothing positive for him. Do yours a favor get him neutered and don't start screaming and yelling at him. Besides we have enough homeless puppies in this world. You could always get one of them for your sons
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 07:21 PM
    No I don't watch TV shows. I depend on educated, highly trained professionals plus reading for my dog knowledge, not Hollywood. Just what qualifications do you have trueblooe other than watching television?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog peeing [ 5 Answers ]

Our chiwauwa female almost 5 months old pees everywhere in the house but in the litter box along with the other pets (cats & Dogs). We thought she had caught on after the "BAD DOG" scoldings and then we see her doing her thing right in front of us every so often. This is our first chiwauwa and...

My dog is not peeing [ 2 Answers ]

my dog is not peeing and I want to know why? He drinks a water n he eats but so far.. he hasn't peed for 3 days. Starting Wednesday? And I'm worried =[ he's taking this medication for his liver inflammation =[

Dog suddenly peeing [ 1 Answers ]

So my dog Zeus has always been very well behave when it comes to doing his business. Now all of a sudden he just starts wetting things. He has wet my bed 2x this week and sometimes when my husband comes home he will get excited and wet the floor. How do we get him to stop this?

Male dog peeing [ 7 Answers ]

I have a total of FOUR Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (1 - Fixed female, age 13, 1 , age 2, and two 11 month old puppies, one male and one female) I'm having a devil of a time with the MALE puppy... no matter what I do, he continually marks their sleeping blankets. What can I do? He is healthy...

Why is my dog peeing [ 3 Answers ]

If a male dog is fixed can he sense that there are other animals in heat and mark his territory?

View more questions Search