Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STONECOTTO Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Wha does class e and class b mens
    Hello I live in the state of ma. My question is what does class e means and class b for license electricians.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Class A = Contractor or Master Electrician
    Class B = Electrician Journeyman
    Class C = Contractor Low Voltage Systems
    Class D = Journeyman Low Voltage Systems

237 CMR 12.00: Definitions

Rules and Regulations Governing Electricians and Systems Installers - Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation

I find no Class E.

You may be getting confused with Connecticut, which their Master or Contractor is called an E-1.
    STONECOTTO Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 05:04 AM
    Thank you, is that am getting qoutes for my kitchen and lots of electricina has clss e
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 05:09 AM
    Ask them, any license electrician must show his/her license upon request. The license will show the actual classification, license number, etc. You can then check the states website for confirmation.

A call to the Professional Board could help also. I was unable to find any Class E at the electricians licensing website.

Here is even the application for a license:

http://www.mass.gov/Eoca/docs/dpl/bo...l/eljelrec.pdf

I see no Class E.
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 05:15 AM
    I kept looking and found a reference to Class E:

Fees and License Renewal Schedules for Electricians and System Installers

This is the only reference I can find, they do not explain what it means. If it was a valid class, it should be in the laws, and listed on the application.

You got to love government.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 06:21 PM
    I think with Class E, they can ride a motorcycle also. Kidding.
    I would go for licensed Electrician, their license does not necessarily indicate quality or ability, see who your neighbors use.
    mstaber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 06:40 AM
    I called the govt agency and asked this. They said it was the same thing. I pressed for an explanation, and apparently they changed it a few years back. Class E used to be Journeyman. Now it's referred to as Class B instead. There's no difference though.
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

May 15, 2009, 02:44 AM
    The electrician's license only shows technical competence. A contractor also needs a business license. He must be insured, bonded, or whatever other hoops he needs to jump through.

I always thought if we wanted to get serious about drugs, we could just legalize them, and make the drug dealers comply with all the licensing, zoning, insurance, product liability, etc. Most of them would go out of business within a month.
    Riders3627 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2012, 04:55 PM
    A Massachusetts Journeyman Electrician Class E is and older type of license. I am a Licensed Electrician with class B license... While my colleague that got his license is a class JR.. It is all the same thing just different times that they took the test. Before in the old times if you see a Journeymans license with 2 or even 3 E's at the end of their number that would tell you how many times they have failed the test... I know this post is old but I hope it helps as well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance class [ 2 Answers ]

c. What is the proper stock price for each firm?

Class D felony [ 5 Answers ]

What is a Class D felony and what is the penalty? couns1337

Class assignment [ 4 Answers ]

I have an assignment in my ag mechanics class. I am looking for ideas. I'm coming up blank. I need to design as 12-15 minute activity dealing with anything ag mechanics, like woodworking, electricity or engines. Please help

View more questions Search