Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheese65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 03:50 AM
    Suicidal friend
    Recently my friend has been hurting herself due to a break-up with her boyfriend. She has lost allot of weight and is cutting her arms. She talks about killing herself. I don’t no what to do because she is staring to be mean to us her friends and I don’t want to cause her any more pain but she is making me life a pain because she is being self centred and a bit of a *****. She says she was really in love with him and that she can't live without him. I think she clings on to him because she has never had a stable family life. Her mother doesn’t seem to love or care for her what so ever. She doesn’t want to believe they have broken up and is continually thinking of ways to make him love her again. He has gone to uni, and is meeting new friends. He says that he wants to meet new people and see if it is true love because it was her first everything and his too. She doesn’t understand why e is doing this to her how can I help her! :mad: :confused:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2005, 04:22 AM
    Friend
    Hi,
    Your friend is cutting her arms? That is an indication that she is "crying out" for help. Sometimes, the first relationship in a person's life is very hard, in breaking up.
    The best thing you can do is keep talking with her; and try convincing her to seek help, maybe from a counselor, or other Professional.
    Talk her into going with you, and talk with someone who doesn't know either of you; like a Minister, or anyone else; maybe even a Doctor.
    I do wish you good luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suicidal Bipolar Boyfriend [ 18 Answers ]

I would really appreciate anyone's advice, especially if they have been through something similar. I have been dating my boyfriend off and on, mostly on for the past three years. He's grown increasingly more violent towards me. He never beats me up or anything but I'm definitely frightened by...

HELP! Suicidal! [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend has recently gone off to uni, I'm stuck here without him. Recently he cheated on me and I don't no what to do I love him and I want to be with him, but he thinks its best to break up as he wants to experience other girlfriends. I was his first love and he was mine. Neither of us have...

Help for a friend [ 7 Answers ]

My friend was upset a little bit she said about this :- If your boyfriend tells you, “this girl at this bar started dancing with me, I told her to keep her space as I have a girl friend” which is great :) She says “so” and he moves away. Anyway I asked if she was pretty and he said “yes” I...

Partner is potentially suicidal [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend/partner is going through a very rough time and has had suicidal thoughts. When he gets like that, he feels that there is nothing good in his life and nothing will ever get better. He doesn't "hear" me when I tell him I love him and will stand by him and I think he's a wonderful...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search