Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charcoal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Tapped phone line?
    My neighbor told me that her boyfriend rigged her lines in her apartment.
    She told me she could hear everything I'm saying on the phone. She has a cordless
    And I have a cordless. Do you think she's just pulling my leg? Or do you think I
    Should just talk on a regular phone so she can't hear me.
    I had a phone guy come out and look at the box outside. He said it was fine.

Do you think her phone line is still tapped into mine?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 05:35 PM
    If she is telling the truth, then you should be able to hear her conveersations as well. Some cordless phones are not very secure. Scanners can easy drop in on 900 MHz phones.

Change to a (5.4)? GHz model which won't interfere with wireless networks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 05:48 PM
    I had a cordless once that somewho picked up my neibors phone. But they could also hear mine. If you are worried about it,have the phone company check the lines to the buiding to be sure he did not do something wrong.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Cordless phones have channels, you can set. Likely you were both on the same channel. Read the manual on how to change the channel.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 08:16 PM
    And maybe she'll figure it out and change it to the new channel.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Regular telco people may not be able to determine a tap. More likely through cordless.
    Less people monitor the 5.8 Gig. Phones. I would not discuss personal or financial on cordless. If still able to listen, then maybe a physical Tap. Do you have a Baby Monitor?
    Swept a house one time. Was clean except This lady had cordless phone and baby monitor,
    She feared her husband was spying on her. Didn't ask if husband bought cordless and baby monitor for her? If you get phone guy out there again, have him put tone on your line, and see if present at there residence. Good Luck. Then buy a scanner and listen to
    Her.
    Noticing you mentioned Apartments, if in same building can be easy. Some have wiring going through other units, dropping a pair and continuing on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewiring second phone line to connect to main line. [ 7 Answers ]

I have two separate phone lines in home.. main line and second line in bedroom #2. I am cancelling my second line number as I will be using DSL in that room where computer is at. Phone company said I could rewire jack in bedroom #2 to connect to main line and could do this myself, but need some...

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

Wiring a 2nd phone line into a regular phone line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. A long time ago, I had a phone jack installed in my room to be used for a 2nd phone line. Well, we shut off the 2nd phone line, so now I have a phone jack in my room that is basically out of order. I'm trying to turn it into a regular phone jack. This jack has never been a regular wired phone...

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

View more questions Search