Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 03:32 PM
    What's really going on in Pakistan?
    I originally posted this in the Introductions forum in response to a new member from Pakistan Ahmad Bikal, but it's really a general question for discussion, so I reposted here.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    Welcome, Amahd. I hope you can help us understand what's going on in your country now. Are Pervez Musharraf and Benazir Bhutto natural allies against a rising tide of fundamentalist extremism, or is that too simplistic? Must be, since Pakistan Talks Are Stalled, Bhutto Says - New York Times. And what's up with the former prime minister being chased right back out of the country after his plane landed? Are his sympathies more with the Taliban-types, or what? And what's going to happen if the Supreme Court decides Musharraf isn't eligible to be president even though he's already been elected? How likely do you think that is to happen?

Do you feel comfortable saying what you really believe in a public forum such as this? If not, don't endanger yourself by answering, but I would like to know how a "real" Pakistani sees it. I'm an American, so most of what I know I learned from National Geographic. Pakistan - National Geographic Magazine
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Hopefully Ahmed Bilal will help us understand what is really going on in Pakistan.

Because Nawaz Sharif was deported on arrival. Nawaz Sharif deported on arrival in Pakistan - Telegraph

And I have heard that the corruption charges against Benazir Bhutto has been dropped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spouse visa from pakistan to uk [ 13 Answers ]

Spouse visa from pakistan to uk

Do you have to take an interview when you apply for a visa to the UK from Pakistan [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I want to ask will the Immigration Visa laws change this April 2007. I mean I will be getting married soon from Pakistan and would like to bring my wife over to the UK. Off course she needs a visa, but is it true that there will be a test/interview in English either for women and men in...

Call wife from pakistan [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to sponsor my wife from my pakistan, I was married before and did apply for my previuos wife but the relationship broke down. We withdraw the application before any decision was made, will this affect my current application?

2006, On campus and OPT, Pakistan [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have very simple question. I'm from pakistan and have tax treaty of 5000$. I'm filling 1040nr-ez. I have two forms. 1040S (1900$, No tax with-held) from school for on campus work. Since 1900$ are less than 5000$ exemption amount so school didn't issue w2 form. I was given W2 form from...

View more questions Search