Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnplum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Well water supply/pressure
    The amount of water supplied to my house by the well, pressure tank, etc. is deteriorating. I used to be able to run a sprinkler outside and run the washing machine or fill a bathtub inside without any problems. A little while ago, I found that after running the sprinkler for a little while, the amount of water pressure to the sprinker deteriorates over time (15 to 20 mintues) and I can't really run any other water with meaningful supply while the sprinker is running. Is there a problem with my pressure tank, the pressure switch, well pump? How do I diagnose & fix?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 7, 2007, 12:14 PM
    What type of pipes do you have? Copper, plastic or galvanized? How old? What does your pressure gage show when the pump is up to pressure? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Heater Supply Leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a 40 gallon Water heater that is approximately 11 years old. The supply lines have started to pool water in the recessions and then trickle down the tank. This just started. Before I used to hear the tank bubble when I would turn on the washing-machine. What do you suggest I do? I...

2 questions about water supply [ 2 Answers ]

#1. whenever we run water in one room (kitchen) and turn water on in another room (bathroom) water pressure drops dramaticaly. And for example: if you are taking a shower and some one runs hot or cold water anywere else in the house, the person in the shower loses all hot water. #2. we have a...

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

Water supply for new bath [ 10 Answers ]

Tom, I'm beginning to work on my water supply lines and have gotten most of the materials. I wanted to know if I should be concerned with backflow devices of any sort? Also, the plummer at H.D. told me that the male adapters that would connect my copper pipe to my shower faucet would not...

View more questions Search