Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jermy617 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Families in 1960's
    What were families like in the 1960's compared to today
    (marriage age, divorce rate, 2 parent homes vs. single parent homes) and anything else
    Relevant

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2007, 09:56 AM
    First there is only averages, even in the 60's there we still all sorts of various families, single parent homes, homosexual couples and so on.

In general lower divorces, more 2 family homes, with the man working and the women staying at home.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Nothing like a Sociology type homework question. What class is this for?

The answer you want is lengthy and involved and you can find this information out from various sources. Try the following:
    http://socialsciref.library.wisc.edu...relim_8-06.doc
    Smart Library
    family-eighties.html
    Welcome to Health and Human Services Data Systems
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2007, 08:14 AM
    It was a lot closer to the Leave it to Beaver, Father knows Best, Ozzie and Harriet, My Three Sons,. TV shows in comparison to what society is today.
    I might add with some dead heads thrown in :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building toys of the 1960's [ 25 Answers ]

I was wandering if anyone remembers a construction toy called toggle blocks that was sold in the 1960's. I had some of these but cannot find a reference to them anywhere on the net. I would like to know who manufactured them. THANKS

Young Marriage, Families and Religion [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, Im needing to get opinions about a dilemma I am facing. I am 20 years of age and have been with my partner for almost 4 years now. I am head over heels for him even more so now than 4 years ago. My question relates to marriage. One year after we started dating he proposed to me. I said no...

Mixed families [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year and my fiancé has a 7 year old daughter my son and fiancé don't seem to be bonding at all I kept my son away from my relationship for the first year because I did want him to bond with some one who wasn't going to always going to be a part of him life and over the last year I have...

Homosexual families [ 4 Answers ]

Do you think that homosexuals should have the legal right to raise a child? Do you consider it appropriate to the child or children or on society as a whole? Is they a difference? Would it affect the child? I :confused: really needs to know

View more questions Search