Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leggettcondo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Copper sink drain too slow, not clogged which type drain is best
    We just refinished bathroom with double vanity copper sinks.

They have a flat grid drain in the bottom, not vented.

Is there a different drain that would allow the water to drain easier?

We have to swirl water or stir water to get it to begin draining, like there is a suction preventing the water from leaving the sink.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leggettcondo
    We just refinished bathroom with double vanity copper sinks.

They have a flat grid drain in the bottom, not vented.

Is there a different drain that would allow the water to drain easier?

We have to swirl water or stir water to get it to begin draining, like there is a suction preventing the water from leaving the sink.
    This is the one I recommend.

If it's a vessel sink w/out an overflow, you will need to find (they are available) a flip top drain assembly specifically designed for sinks without an overflow.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 7, 2007, 08:15 AM
    I think this is the flip top vessel siink drain that growler's refiring to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Bathroom Sink - Clogged Drain/AC Drain [ 1 Answers ]

We have a bathroom on the second floor that we never use. Two days ago we noticed that water was leaking out from under the carpet and the bathroom sink was filled with water and not draining. The AC condensation drain runs down this drain right above the trap. We took the trap off and snaked the...

Floor drain slow/clogged tried everything I think [ 1 Answers ]

My basement floor drain (from the hole in the floor to the main drain, about 15 ft.) is slow & sometimes clogged. When the clothes washer drains, water comes up on the floor, & slowly seeps down. I had a problem a few years ago with tree roots & big flood damage, had the old tile drain replaced...

Clogged kitchen sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink in my mobile home is backed up. I've tried chemicals, snakes, and plundgers but nothing works. Please help me.

Clogged bathroom Sink Drain [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom sink will not drain all the way. Had plumber in who put snake down drain from under sink and then removed toilet to enter from that end. Was told that the snake could break my lead pipe under the floor so he stopped and said that he had to break up the floor and replace entire pipe. ...

View more questions Search