Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haranath Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 12:28 AM
    Free online photo storage
    I need a online photo storage account to store my photos and view,download any where.

The features I am looking :

1.free
    2. 1gb or more size
    3. account should be permanent ,I mean... even though if I don't login to my account often I should not loose my data.
    4.should be able to share my photos to others.

Thankx in advance.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 7, 2007, 12:32 AM
    online photo storage - Google Search
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2007, 01:19 AM
    I'm wondering if you understand what you are asking. You want a company to spend money to purchase storage space, purchase connectivity, pay people to design and maintain a web site and then just give the storage away for free.

How long do think a company can remain in business doing that? Its possible such a company MIGHT survive by generating advertising income and by generating income from the sale of printed photos and photo novelties. But that likelihood is pretty small.

Oct 7, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Hello scottgem...

Are you sure those sites doen't exist.. let me show some examples... what about picasa Google account...

Try this site... divshare.com... you will know

Oct 7, 2007, 01:39 AM
    I didn't say they didn't exist. I know they do. But not necessarily with all your requirements.

Oct 7, 2007, 01:48 AM
    I got answer from another forum...

Go for divshare.com... all my requirements were met... but only no upload tool.

Oct 7, 2007, 01:58 AM
    Just to help you understand this, divshare.com was registered in 11/06 for ONE year. Therefore the site is less than a year old. Also, since there is a saving when one registers a site for multiple years, they apparently didn't have enough confidence in their ability to make a go of this to register for more than 1 year.

I'm not saying they won't be around after next month. But I wouldn't count heavily on it.
    LankyMae Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Go to photobucket.com Unlimited file storage, and it gives you url links and other ways to use your pictures. Its pretty awesome. Check it out.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 08:16 PM
    The is also xdrive.com, it's 5 gigs but you have to signup for an AOL profile and will probably get spammed, no programs to download though.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 01:42 AM
    I know that you want to view them from anywhere but if you really need them why don't you just purchase a memory stick? It'll be less time consuming...
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2007, 01:45 AM
    Photobucket.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Free Movies Online [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I will be grateful if anyone can tell me about a website where you can download free movies online. But not torrent files, only mpeg format or real player formats only. Thank you guys.

Transfer from web site to online storage [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a way to transfer data, e.g. a file, from a web site directly to an online storage faciliity? In other words, I want to transfer the data without first downloading it to my hard drive. For example, say there's a file something.xyz located on a web site www.something.com. Instead of...

Online file storage.. [ 19 Answers ]

Is there any "not trial but free" online large file storage out there my files is about 700MB - 1GB in size... :D

View more questions Search