Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    proserv1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2005, 12:32 PM
    Hepititus C
    In August I gave blood during a blood drive at my church. Procedures requires that everyone must be tested for various blood diseases. Subsequently, I received a letter that my blood was rejected because it was diagnosed with HCV. Needless to say, I was stunned and in disbelief. When my routine medical appointment arrived, I gave the letter to my physician of 15 years, who was also stunned and in disbelief. Nevertheless, he had another blood test performed and it indicated the HCV virus. I have no idea how I contacted this virus. I don't remember any needle sticks, I am not a drinker of alcohol, I am married and have not engaged in a relationship with anyone other than my wife, I just don't know how I contact this virus. Needless to say, I am searching my mind for anything to bring peace of mind. I spoke with my brother, my most trusted friend and confided in him and am planning to speak with my wife tonight, however, she too will have questions which at this time I can not answer. What are some of the means for contacting this virus, other than a needlestick, sex, alcoholism?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 17, 2005, 12:55 PM
    So sorry to hear about the delema you are going through.

Check this site, you can register and then learn all you need for now and in the future. I don't understand how your doctor could have missed this after so many years? Have you been having any symptoms? Intercourse and using needles are not the only way to contact these types of diseases, so think back real hard, you might come up with an answer. Good Luck.

This will give you're a start:

http://www.hcvadvocate.org/

Sporadic transmission, when the source of infection is unknown, occurs in about 10 percent of acute hepatitis C cases and in 30 percent of chronic hepatitis C cases. These cases are usually referred to as sporadic or community-acquired infections. These infections may have come from exposure to the virus from cuts, wounds, or medical injections or procedures.

**** the above came from the following site, so check it out as well.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise...hepc/index.htm
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 3, 2005, 10:19 AM
    Below is a link which will give you all information about the hepatitis c infection:

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic993.htm

Cheers
    sumrall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by proserv1
    In August I gave blood during a blood drive at my church. Procedures requires that everyone must be tested for various blood diseases. Subsequently, I received a letter that my blood was rejected because it was diagnosed with HCV. Needless to say, I was stunned and in disbelief. When my routine medical appointment arrived, I gave the letter to my physician of 15 years, who was also stunned and in disbelief. Nevertheless, he had another blood test performed and it indicated the HCV virus. I have no idea how I contacted this virus. I don't remember any needle sticks, I am not a drinker of alcohol, I am married and have not engaged in a relationship with anyone other than my wife, I just don't know how I contact this virus. Needless to say, I am searching my mind for anything to bring peace of mind. I spoke with my brother, my most trusted friend and confided in him and am planning to speak with my wife tonight, however, she too will have questions which at this time I can not answer. What are some of the means for contacting this virus, other than a needlestick, sex, alcoholism?
    Get the interferon shots I'm on it right now you can do it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hepititus C treatment [ 4 Answers ]

When someone is being treated for Hepititus C with Copegus and/or Pegasys, will the patient need to be off work or will they be able to continue working with the treatment?

View more questions Search