Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SeattleMike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Which one is the Run Capacitor?
    I am installing a hard start kit on a heat pump and there are three capacitors.How do I tell which is the run capacitor?There is a large round one and two small oval ones that are connected directly to the fan and compressor.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 05:22 PM
    A start capacitor is black plastic and round, the oval capacitors are the run capacitors, follow the wires to the respective motor or compressor to determine what is the correct capacitor, the one with the highest value or mfd or uf is the capacitor for the compressor.If the large round capacitor is silver then this will be the one for the compressor.
    If both capacitors go to the compressor then you would treat them as one for the purpose of adding a start kit. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start capacitor/ run capacitor info [ 3 Answers ]

OK I think I have narrowed my problem down to either a run capacitor or my start capacitor My fan on top of my unit runs but the compressor will hum for about 3-5 seconds every 5 minutes or so . Is it possible for my duel run capacitor to let the fan run but not let the compressor run, or is...

Use of capacitor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a completely discharged (when I got it there was a paper clip between the posts) 120v capacitor. It is the same (physical) size as the capacitor my brother is currently using between his battery and amplifier in his car. I would like to know if I can charge this capacitor off my car battery...

Use of a capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a completely discharged (when I got it there was a paper clip between the posts) 120v capacitor. It is the same (physical) size as the capacitor my brother is currently using between his battery and amplifier in his car. I would like to know if I can charge this capacitor off my car battery...

Why capacitor ? [ 1 Answers ]

What is role of capacitor in sealing fan?

Capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the fan, motor and the capacitor on my old Kenmore condenser unit. The unit runs well, and cools the house properly. Unfortunately once it cuts off, the motor will not turn unless I jump start it by turning the fan with my hand. Once it start again it runs fine and cools the house...

View more questions Search