Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Photoshop (Elements) "frame" effect.
    I'm using PE 5.0... trying to find the filter or effect that does this:
    http://www.kameyhawk.com/xSites/Agen...Framed_1-1.gif

I've googled and searched the Help but coming up empty... maybe cause I don't even know what to call it.

Any ideas how I can get that done?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 09:33 AM
    I found it but I need to tweak it. It's a Layer Style called inner ridge... but the default is too thin. Anyone know how to thicken it?
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Oh geez, here I am talking to myself :p With the Layer in place it's Layers > Layer Style > Style settings: Then tweak Drop Shadow, Bevel and/or Glow.

Woo Hoo, I want to be a graphics tweaker guru when I grow up :p
    Attached Images

CandelLife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    I'm using PE 5.0...trying to find the filter or effect that does this:
    http://www.kameyhawk.com/xSites/Agen...Framed_1-1.gif

I've googled and searched the Help but coming up empty...maybe cause I don't even know what to call it.

Any ideas how I can get that done?

Thanks!
    The answer is here... LOL
    MySpace.com - Sharon's Graphic Reality - 42 - Female - Port St John - Cocoa - Brevard County, Florida - www.myspace.com/candellife

My page since I designed that photologo... he he he

I may not find this page again... but just had to pop my head in. Glad you like my work!

Sharon Leigh
    Sharon's Graphic Reality

OK first post and first time on the site, just realize I should have given the answer... LOL

Duplicate the layer then cut out the middle leaving a good size amount all around the edge.

Yes, then bevel and shadow and highlight to taste, making sure the "frame" is on the top layer.

A nice touch is after you flatten it, bevel slightly again and shadow under.

Have a great day!

Edit, myspace is MySpace.com - Sharon's Graphic Reality - 42 - Female - COCOA, FLORIDA - www.myspace.com/pinkshaz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

How to take "energy balance in diff frame of references" [ 4 Answers ]

Imagine there are only three bodies in the universe 1> A gun 2> A bullet already fired 3> A wooden block which is target of the bullet and is stationary wrt gun before impact with the gun All the three observers associated(stationary) with three bodies will see impact then they should have...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search