Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yenkalb Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Court ordered visitation
    Court ordered that I would have visitation every other weekend and on wednesdays. Here's the issue. I am currently in a shelter. Meaning I don't have a place for my daughter to spend the nights with me. Because I can't she can't spend the night my soon to be ex says that I can't get her the next day after I drop her off for the evening. Is this something that I have to go back to court to have modified. etc...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Hello yen:

Yes - and no. It's a shame you don't have cooperation from the other parent. But...

In my view, you're much better off using your time and resources to get OUT of the shelter, then the visitation issue becomes moot.

I say that, because I'm not sure that a judge would allow visitation in a shelter if he knew about it. Of course, he might... But, if it were me, I wouldn't take that chance.

Hopefully, your stay there is only temporary in any case.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother doesn't allow court ordered visitation [ 29 Answers ]

I'm engaged to a man that has a 6 year old daughter. Because of the mother, he didn't see his daughter from the time she was almost 2 until she was over 4 years old. He finally got to speak with his daughter when she was almost 5 years old (by this time she didn't know he existed) because the...

Court ordered Mediation vs Court Trial [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm going into a mediation next month concerning a past credit card debt that I am being sued for. I plan on using the SOL defense as the date of last activity falls past the statute date. Anyhow, I was wondering what the difference between a Court ordered mediation and a normal...

Court ordered visitation [ 51 Answers ]

Can the mother of my child make it so that my parents cannot pick up my child for the time till I get home from work? Court order states that I get him for a mid week visit.

Court ordered compensation. [ 12 Answers ]

Well... I have a question about the way to collect court ordedred compensation.Let's allow that there is a court ordered compensation $80000 and this compensation has to be paid in 3 years according to the court decision/$2223 per month/.The debtor has about $2500 income per month but he is...

View more questions Search