Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pacesq Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 08:30 PM
    What exactly is a "short" sale?
    Is this a transaction between the mortgagor and the mortgagee, or is this term also used in finance when selling or buying stock. In finance - selling "short" is an options phenomena, but it apparently means something entirely different in real estate transactions. Any commentary, or answer would be appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2007, 09:48 PM
    There are short sales in stocks and in real estate.
    In real estate, lets say you owe 100,000 on the property, but can only get a offer for 90,000 from a buyer. You present this contract to the mortgage company and they may accept the 90,000 as payment and release the mortgage. The mortgage company does not have to accept them, and often have rules, as to max percentage they will allow a real estate broker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

"continuous" sale [ 1 Answers ]

What constitutes the practice of longstanding "continuous sale" prices? How much "not on sale" time will void being labelled a continuous sale? If something or service is not on sale 1 month of a year and on sale the rest, does that make it not accountable for being a "continuous sale"? Thank...

View more questions Search