Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taki731 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Chronic left shoulder pain
    I have been dealing with chronic upper shoulder pain for quite some time now. I have IBS with Constipation, and my shoulder pain flares up when my IBS flares up. The only thing that concerns me is that the pain in my shoulder never really goes away. It will subside, but I'll still feel it. My doctor has told me that there is nothing wrong, but I'm definitely not making it up. Is there anything that I can do, or take, to finally get this pain to go away?:confused:
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Until a medically knowledgeble member attends to your question
    Here is something to read,
    Is this how you feel?
    --------------
    Your Orthopaedic Connection: Frozen Shoulder
    Symptoms

Pain due to frozen shoulder is usually dull or aching. It can be worsened with attempted motion. The pain is usually located over the outer shoulder area and sometimes the upper arm.

The hallmark of the disorder is restricted motion or stiffness in the shoulder. The affected individual cannot move the shoulder normally. Motion is also limited when someone else attempts to move the shoulder for the patient.

Some physicians have described the normal course of a frozen shoulder as having three stages:
    Stage one: In the "freezing" stage, the patient develops a slow onset of pain. As the pain worsens, the shoulder loses motion. This stage may last from six weeks to nine months.
    Stage two: The "frozen" stage is marked by a slow improvement in pain, but the stiffness remains. This stage generally lasts four months to nine months.
    Stage three: The final stage is the "thawing," during which shoulder motion slowly returns toward normal. This generally lasts five months to 26 months.
    ------------------------------------------
    Please click link to read more.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2007, 06:55 PM
    There is also a thing called torn rotator cuff and it gives you about the same pain that you explained. It also has a symptom of not being to raise you arm out to the side of your body. You can probably find this talked about at the same URL... Your Orthopaedic Connection: Frozen Shoulder...
    You mentioned having Constipation, if you happen to be taking a pain reliever caller Hydrocodone it is very notorious for causing constipation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left groin & down the left leg pain, Hysterectomy didn't work [ 6 Answers ]

I had fibroids and cysts in my left ovaries. Since I had severe pain in the lower left stomach, groin and all the way down on my left leg. The pain is only prominent when I lie down. I am fine during the day, but when I lie down the pain is intense. It looks like one nerve or something. The Doctor...

Pain on shoulder and lower left ab during jog [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I go jogging (basically every day), I get this sharp pain at the very tip of my shoulder and lower left abdomen. Is this normal? I have been jogging 6 miles every day for four weeks now.

Chronic PAIN! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've had chronic pain that begain in my arms and shoulders it was horrific pain. Later I had what felt like pressure in my lower right side back. Well this turned into stabbing ungodly pain that had me shaking it was soooooooo bad. I WAS BED RIDDEN FOR 2YRS with pain in my back that felt like I...

He left part of the bone in my shoulder [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I had shoulder arthroscopic (?) surgery 2/5. Three days later in physical rehab my shoulder was hurting really bad and also snapping, bone on bone. I had the stitches removed on 2/13, telling the doc that I was in agonizing pain and not sleeping. He had me come back on 2/21 for a steroid...

View more questions Search