Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frohme Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2005, 11:51 AM
    Toilet Vent Location
    How close to the toilet should the vent line be? I’m in the process of moving a toilet and am not sure if I need to extend the vent too. Currently, the vent line is about 6 inches from the toilet, and after I move the toilet it would be 2 feet.

Thanks
    Scott
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 16, 2005, 12:47 PM
    Hi Scott,
    Don't worry, You're fine. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Correct Vent location [ 1 Answers ]

The problem is none of our rooms seem to ever get really warm. Especially the living area with the vaulted ceiling. The living room vents are at the apex of the vaulted ceiling and all the other vents throughout our home are located next to interior walls.The return is in a very short hallway (next...

Is my cellar toilet vent OK? [ 1 Answers ]

A toilet in the basement drains to the floor with no vent in sight. There is a vertical "wet" vent about 15 feet away that drains (among other things) a third floor washing machine. It also vents out the attic roof. When the washer drains, there is gurgling and swirling in the cellar toilet...

Toilet Vent [ 5 Answers ]

I am putting in a septic system at my cabin, there is a toilet in the bathroom that will need to be tied to this new septic system. The toilet has a 4" pipe that runs through the crawl space, under the footings and is stubbed outside the cabin. This pipe is a straight pipe with total of about 13'...

Max distance of vent to toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding two toilets (1.5 baths) to the ground fllor of my house (which is a concrete slab. The house is in NJ. What is the maximum distance the toilets (WC's?) can be from the vent line (I'm using 3" drains and 2" vents). Thanks Mike

Pecans in my toilet vent [ 4 Answers ]

The vent on the roof for our toilets were never covered and we are having problems with pecans down inside of the vents. My husband has been trying to snake them out but they will not break down. What would be the best solution for this problem? :eek:

View more questions Search