Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debz78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Stepmom visitation while Non-Custodial dad deployed
    Can I still get the court ordered visitation ordered for my husband and have visitation with my step-daughter while her father is deployed in the Army. The mother is the custodial parent and is refusing to allow me visitation; she says I have no rights to see her, only her father has visitation. But she is part of our family too, and loves her little brother and grandparents. I do have an executed Power of Attorney, does that help any.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Depends on what the visitation order says. If it specifies only the father, then the mother may be within her rights. However, I suspect if you take her to court over it (and you can with the POA), you can get the visitation order modified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't want to live with my dad and stepmom anymore [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Kaylee and I’m 16. I was born in August of 1991. My brother was born in July of 1992, which is when my parents got divorced. We lived in Seattle at the time. Now we live in Oklahoma. My dad doesn’t want me living with my mom because he says that she couldn’t be a...

Non custodial parents visitation [ 2 Answers ]

Child is going to be 16. His father is the non custodial parent and right now has standard visitation but due to his being on call 24/7 and the relationship between the 2 of them does not want visitation can he be made to have visitation. He has tried living with us 3 times and always ends up in...

Custodial parent being deployed [ 9 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My ex-husband and I have been divorced since 2002. We have a 8 yr old son. Our son lives with his dad, who was just stationed out in California. Our son visits me in MI every summer, over major holidays and even lived...

Can stepmom keep my son every other week while his dad is overseas? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I have shared custody and our son spends one week with each of us, changing every Friday. He is getting deployed to Afghanistan in August for 6 months and he wants the custody rotation to stay the same, even though he won't even be here. He wants his wife, my son's stepmom, to have him...

If dad dies, does stepmom get 100% of the house in CA? [ 4 Answers ]

My dad has 4 daughters. 2 are from a prior relationship (me and my sister) and two are from his current wife, my stepmom. My dad is 16 years older than my stepmom and I feel that he might die before her. If he passes away, does my stepmom get the house? What about me and my sister (her...

View more questions Search