Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeaneanm1963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Bleeding air in fuel lines
    The pilot light on my hot water heater is not relighting I was told that I needed to bleed the air through the line inorder to get it to relight. Any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 5, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Your pilot orifice could be plugged up if that is the case you will have to disassemble the pilot and clean it out. If not plugged loosen the aluminum pilot tube. Push button on valve to simulate the pilot lite procedure. When you smell gas at the area where you loosened the tube it will be bled. Then all you have to do is bleed the line to the pilot and that may take a minute or two. If this is propane call a professional. Propane is more dangerous than natural gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Weedwacker Fuel lines [ 3 Answers ]

I need instructions for routing the 2 fuel lines on a craftsman 25cc weedwacker

Air from drain lines [ 1 Answers ]

Every time my washing machine releases its water into the drain line, air escapes into our bathroom sink. The sink has a vent and seems to be plumbed properly. My drain into the septic system drops a good bit, but doesn't seem to be too steep. I was wondering if the release of the water could be...

Air in water lines [ 1 Answers ]

We have lived in our home for 4 years and the owner had just put in a new well. When we have turned on the water latley there seems to be air in the lines. It spits and sputters the entire time you are using it. Like running bath water or brushing our teeth. What could be the problem?:(

Air In Lines [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Well With Submarsable Pump. We Have Resently Had Air In The Water Lines , Mostly In The Cold Water . Can You Tell Me Why? Russell Day

Air in lines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with air when I turn on any water outlet in the home, including when the toilets flush. I am on a submersible pump well system. I just recently purchased the home which was empty for about two years. The air is not all the time, but when it does it, it spurts for 5 sec.- 30 sec. at...

View more questions Search