Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 5, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Need movie title and media type (DVD, HBO, etc)
    The setting of this movie has a young girl, around 16 or so, living with her mother in an Asian country. The mother I believe is an alcoholic and perhaps a prostitute and the young girl sets out to visit the city while the mother is out.

She either crosses a river to takes a carriage into the city one day and meets the son of a royal Chinese family who is rich. The young girl is attracted to him and decides to return to see him while the mother is unaware of her visits, though she suspects. He puts her up in a small apt. room while she is visiting and they both begin to have a sexual relationship.

It's unsure whether she is falling for him or begins to wonder about making money as a prostitute, but in the end he ends up wanting her but instead she leaves. The mother, I believe, confronts her about the relationship and hassles her about it but wants the money that she makes.

I don't recall the names of any of the actors or actresses. I believe it was on DVD and was out 3-4 years ago or longer.

Suggestions?
    crowman Posts: 67, Reputation: 24

Oct 10, 2007, 04:04 AM
    That is L`Amant aka The Lover (IMDb page)

I`ve no idea what you mean about needing a media type, though. :confused:
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Oct 10, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Great! Thanks for that... media type was whether the movie was seen on DVD, HBO, etc. I now recall it was on DVD.
    crowman Posts: 67, Reputation: 24

Oct 10, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Ah, I see. Well, I`m glad I could help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help on hbo 80s movie [ 5 Answers ]

On HBO there was a movie about dancing or breakdancing.. THere was a girl that had dark skin and very long and curly hair on it. It was on hbo in the 80s I think. Can anyone tell me the name of the movie Thanks!:confused:

I need to find a movie I saw on hbo [ 1 Answers ]

Description: a kid in high school, drives a 69 chevelle. Drag races for money and winds up getting mixed up with the wrong guy. Has to race against time from one end of chichgo to the other but his chevelle gets totaled. A legend has it that a guy was able to do it in a blown 1957 chevy ( the car...

80's sci fi type movie title? [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a trailer for a movie back maybe around 1983 - 1988 about a guy who wakes up one morning and all the people in the world have dissappeared , he wanders about the world wondering where everyone has gone... does anyone know the name of this movie? It looked kind of scary ?

HBO Horror Movie [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the name of a movie that use to come on hbo in the 80's or early 90's. It was a horror film, or like a sci fi maybe, All I know is that it was about a group of kids that took a trip on a bus I believe and on the way to where ever they were going, they saw a old lady up under animals...

View more questions Search