Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JulesDP Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Sole Proprietorship - funds available to me?
    I started a small business last year (sole-proprietorship). I have come into a financial emergency and need to come up w/ $2k ASAP, can I just take it from the business account? Will I have a problem w/ the IRS for doing that? Or since it's just me can I do as I please w/ the money? (I live in NYC - if that affects your response)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2007, 09:43 AM
    As far as I know, with a sole proprietorship, you ARE your business and should be able to use business funds for personal emergencies. (In the same way, if your business is sued, your personal finances are similarly at risk.) If you are incorporated, business funds are separate from personal ones.

I hope ScottGem and FrChuck will see your question and give you a more complete answer than I did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sole Custody? [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I'm pregnant and due in just over 2 weeks. It wasn't until the last week or so that my now ex-boyfriend decided that me and him should start getting along and being friends, and has started trying to be a part of my life so that he can be a part of the baby's life. I slept with one of...

Getting sole custody [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 6 months pregnant and going through a divorce (though my lawyer is trying for an annullment due to fraud on my husbands behalf). He keeps telling me that he is going to take the baby and that there is nothing that me or my family can do about it. He also called last night and left a voicemail...

Sole custody [ 4 Answers ]

The father of my daughter is a sneaky bastard, anyhow I just found out he is taking her to greece and my not come back... he has sole custody and they say I have no rights to my daughter... they say they are reserved... I can't afford an attorney and live in another state... anyone have any advice

View more questions Search