Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayardman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Tree roots
    I have just had a tree cut down but left a 15 ft. stump and small growths are appearing in my lawn. A person at my local Home Depot said I need tree root killer to stop these growths. Is this true or where can I purchase this root killer?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Your basically wasting your time. Make the lawn look pleasing by having the stump ground.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2007, 09:53 AM
    HD didn't have it? A real lawn and garden may. Extra strength herbicides will slowly do it.

If having it ground down gets to the top of your list, make sure it is ground down low enough to cut down the hump large trees raise up under them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tree roots - Maple [ 2 Answers ]

As is common with new plantings by builders cpntractors, the maple tree behind my house was istalled with about a third of its root system above ground level in a too-shallow hole and with a token amount of soil to cover them. The planting was done about 5 years ago. My question: will it damage...

Maple tree roots [ 2 Answers ]

I have a maple tree with roots growing into the foundation of my house. These roots are all above ground. Can I cut them without killing the tree?:confused: TIA.. Gloria

Tree Roots Patio? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to install a Stamped concrete patio behind our garage. 12'x18' is the size. We have a very large Silver Maple tree in the back yard with many large roots on the top of the ground in the location we'd like to put the patio. Our concern is that these roots would grow up under the...

Maple tree roots. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I purchased a 1922 Colonial on Long Island and in the front yard, about 20 feet from the house, is a grand old maple tree. It is between the sidewalk and the curb and is tearing up part of my sidewalk and curb. I really don't want to take the tree down and I'd rather have a contractor come...

View more questions Search