Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misstammy70 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Probation transfer
    My situation is this . My husband is on probation in N.Y for felony DWI. He is on probation for 5 years he has 3 left . He has has been a model probationer . Not one problem .
    My job transferred in July from N.Y to South Carolina . I'm a federal officer for homeland security . The probation department told us that my husbands paper work was turned in to Interstate Compact the first week in August . It is now October .
    WE have been in contact with the Interstate Compact office here in SC and they haven't received anything .
    WE contacted the office in N.Y state and they told us we were not allowed to contact their office.
    My questions are
    1) Since the probation office only has 45 days to put the paper work into interstate compact and they haven't done so is there any thing we can do ?
    2)Is it true that we are not allowed to contact Interstate Compact to follow up and make sure they are doing their job .
    3)How long do these transfers take on a normal basis ?
    4) If this paper work hasn't been turned in to Interstate comp oin the 45 days they are allowed , what should my next step be , who would I contact ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by misstammy70
    WE contacted the office in N.Y state and they told us we were not allowed to contact their office.
    Hello miss:

I've been on probation before, and there wasn't anything in my documents that says I couldn't call them. I doubt it's in your husbands' either. Therefore, they're lying to you - which isn't surprising. I'd call 'em up again, and even again if you didn't get satisfaction.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my probation? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can transfer my probation to another state if I'm on informal probation?

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Can probation be moved from state to state?

My brother got a 1 yr. probation sentence from a dui while living in orlando.he has lived there 2 yrs. He wanted to move back to Massachusetts but they say he has to stay in Florida until his probation is over. However w/no license to work he can't pay rent. His entire family is here in...

Probation transfer [ 1 Answers ]

What is the estimated fee for probation transfer

My wife and I received probation.We had to accept a plea agreement and 2 felony 4's.All allegations of dangerous crimes against children have been lifted.Our 3 children live in Maryland with a relative.This relative doesn't want us to get our children back.We lost our infant son in March 1999.We...

View more questions Search