Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blakstien Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Wireless ethernet LAN network PCI card
    I just purchased a used (Netgear WRG614 wireless router) & a used (Encore 802.11g wireless ethernet LAN network pci card) from Ebay for my desktop with XP Pro & SP2.I have the instructions & disc for my (Netgear WRG614 wireless router) but the (wireless ethernet LAN network pci card) did'nt come with any instructions or disc & the seller knew little about it other than that it worked.What are the steps to getting this device working after I've installed my (Netgear WRG614 wireless router) & replacing my (Fast Ehtherlink LAN card) with the (Encore 802.11g wireless ethernet LAN network pci card)?
    Goddard Posts: 50, Reputation: 9

Oct 5, 2007, 05:15 AM
    You probably need to download a driver for the card. I think I found the site where you can download one from. Just locate the model number (which should be located somewhere on the card) and find it in the drop down menu. It should have the driver you need.

Encore Electronics, Inc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2007, 06:02 AM
    No drivers should be necessary for XP for an ethernet card. It should recognize the card as soon as you boot after installing it. Assuming the router is powered on, you should be able to run the network wizard to connect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interfacing ethernet to wireless LAN [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Dear, I am currently using ethernet connection.I have ethernet slot in my room.I want to make a wireless connection of 4 or 5 laptops with this available slot. How can I do this?What necessary products I will be requiring for this. Guide me, I am new in this field. Regards Imran

Wireless pci card [ 6 Answers ]

I was searching for this post but I couldn't find anything on the topic I know this is a stupid question and some of you might flame me for me, but I just ordered a laptop and forgot to put a wireless chip in it, as of now I do not need the wireless but I was wondering if it is still possible...

Wireless PCI card problem [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Linksys wireless PCI card in a PC Pentium2 400mhz, running XP pro. XP will see the card but will not allow set up to finish, error message reads, (devce cannot start Code 10). Driver updates did not solve this nor reinstalling device and driver many times. The wireless...

Setting up an Internet Lan wireless Network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to get wireless internet for my house and I am totally clueless so I hope you guys could help me out here. Firstly I want to share my internet between like 3-4 computers (2 desktop, 2 laptop) through a wireless router. I also hope able to connect all of them through a lan network...

View more questions Search