Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsmith86 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2005, 08:15 PM
    accounting help
    Can someone please check my answers.
    -Classify each of the following items of factory overhead as either a fixed or a variable cost. (Include any costs you consider to be semivariable within the variable category)
    a. Indirect labor- fixed costs could be variable under certain circumstances
    b. Indirect materials- variable costs
    c. Insurance on building- fixed costs
    d. Overtime premium pay- variable costs
    e. Depreciation on building (straight-line)- fixed costs
    f. Polishing compounds- variable costs
    g. Depreciation on machinary (based on machine hours used)- variable costs
    h. Employer's payroll taxes- variable costs
    I. Property taxes- fixed costs
    j. Machine lubricants- variable costs
    k. Employees' hospital insurance (paid by employer)- fixed costs
    l. Labor for machine repairs- variable costs
    m. Vacation pay- variable costs
    n. Patent amortization- fixed costs
    o. Janitor's wages- fixed costs
    p. Rent- fixed costs
    q. Small tools- variable costs
    r. Plant manager's salary- fixed costs
    s. Factory electricity- fixed costs
    t. Product inspector's wages- fixed costs
    SSchultz0956 Posts: 121, Reputation: 10

Oct 17, 2005, 09:44 AM
    I'm not sure about g,h, and m. These may be semi-variables because it does depend on the circumstances. Vacation pay for example per year could be fixed unless either a person doesn't use all their vacation, or a person quits. But for you assignment you probably don't need to consider complications like these. But I was satisfied with most of your answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Required: Using the direct method, convert the company’s income statement to a cash basis. December 31 2002 2001 Cash $ 4 7 Accounts Receivable 36 29 Inventory 75 61 Plant and equipment 210 180 Accumulated depreciation (40) ...

Accounting Help [ 1 Answers ]

1. On March 1, 2004 Leo leases and places in service a passenger automobile. The lease will run for five years and the payments are $380 per month. During 2004, he uses his car 80% for business and 20% for personal activities. Assuming the dollar amount from the IRS table is $19, determine...

Accounting help [ 11 Answers ]

Audry, age 38 and single, earned a salary of $59,000. She had interest income of $1,600 and had a $2,000 long-term capital loss from the sale of a stock investment. Audry incurred the following employment-related expenses during the year: Transportation $5,500 Meals 2,800 Lodging 4,200...

Accounting [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find the double decling-balance method. For my straight-line method I got At the beginning of the current year, Phoenix Company acquired an item of machinery for 160,000. The machinery had a life expectancy of four years an estimated salvage value of 16,000. For the straight-line...

View more questions Search