Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    envy_from_the_bronx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Father taking our child to another state without any permission?
    My baby daddy told me he didn't want anything to do with our one in a half old son,he visited me and his son a couple of days ago and now I found out that he took our son to another state without my authority.I called the police but they told me that they can't do anything about it because that's my son's father... what can I do to get my son back?? :mad: :( :mad:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2007, 09:10 PM
    What does your child custody agreement say ?
    And I bet you are going to say you don't have a custody agreeent.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Oct 5, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Is he on the birth certificate? If he never signed you can say he is not the legal father. If you don't have a custody agreement then, at least in Illinois, the mother has custody until decided otherwise.
    The cops tell you that because they don't want to deal with it. In many cases it is true.
    But in your case I would get a lawyer.
    You can bring him to court for a custody arrangement. That might scare him off.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Unless he has custody, this is called non custodial kidnapping. You need to get a court order affirming your custody and then swear out a warrant against him for kidnapping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter sent out of the country without mothers permission by father! [ 5 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I got a divorce in 97' in our divorce it was agreed upon that we had joint custody. Our three children would reside with me and visit there father on weekends, Muslim holidays, every other Christmas, and six weeks out of the summer, any changes in addresses, phones numbers, etc....

Leaving state without permission [ 3 Answers ]

My children are in the primary residential custody of their father and are being physically abusedby him and the stepmom and nobody will do anything if I take my kids and leave state what will happen if the court order states niether parent can remove the minor children from the state of Florida

Taking child out of state [ 2 Answers ]

my x wife is trying to take my son out of state, we are divorce and we have joint legaly custody

Wife taking the child out of state [ 3 Answers ]

In Texas, what is the penalty if the wife moves out of state with the children with out telling the husband?

Taking a child out of state [ 7 Answers ]

I, a single mother, left IL. With my 3 year old daughter, that I have sole custody of. We are living with her grand parents. Now her father (we have never been married) tells me that he is going to take me to court and demand that I bring her back. He only pays $50.00 per week and that is very...

View more questions Search