Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    So if you were to apply the same thinking to any proof of creation or that Jesus lived one could offer the same arguments and hence say that asumptions were made and the proof must be dismissed. So we basically end up nowhere for every theory or hypothesis.
    Another strawman. Proof exists only if it is validated. Once proof has been offered, we are not dealing with assumptions.

Did you notice that word - "assumptions"?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
    You posit that all proofs have had some assumptions made during their validation.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You posit that all proofs have had some assumptions made during their validation.
    Do you understand the difference between an "hypothesis" and a "proof"?

Do you also understand the difference between a claim which has been validated and a claim which is in the process of being validated?

Do you understand the difference between a validated conclusion and an unvalidated conclusion?

Until you understand this basic terminology we are talking different languages and I am wasting my time trying explain to you how the scientific method works.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 07:47 AM
    I believe in the gap theory which many Christians do not believe in
    The belief of the gap theory is that the earth existed before the six day creation
    For satan and the fallen angels. Jesus said, Luke 10:18 behold I saw Satan fall like lightening. Where did he fall T0?
    In the gap theory they say there is a gap between Genesis 1 and Genesis 3 where the earth was formless, empty and dark. They say Genesis 2 is referring to the time when satan lived on the earth and the six day creation is more of a 'RE'-creation. In that case
    Much of the carbon dated things could have been things that were here before the recreation. Many Christians claim that can not be so because God would have told us.
    But the Bible does say that God has mysteries and it is not for us to know everything--yet anyway.

Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light,"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where in the Bible? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later...

What does te Bible say about. [ 7 Answers ]

What does the Bible have to say about Marijuana smoking? I would love to know if it's a sin (I assume it is) and why... if anyone could help I would appreciate it! Thanks .

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

Morals/bible says? [ 3 Answers ]

I have searched my Bible several times but have yet to find a direct answer to the following. I would really appreciate help and/or verses to the following! 1. Are tattoos "bad"? One verse in the old testament said to not tattoo yourself, but that was the old testament... does it still apply?...

View more questions Search