Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walbin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2005, 10:53 AM
    statistics
    Having a problem with a question in stat class. Here it goes: a lab reports the mean of three(3) weighings. The mean is 123mg and the standard deviation is 0.08mg? What is the distribution of this mean? And what is the probability that the lab reports a weight of 124mg or higher? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Nov 6, 2005, 09:46 PM
    Distribution of the mean
    The distribution of the mean is approximately normal, with mean approximated by XBAR = 123, and standard deviation approximated by SD/SQUAREROOT(n) = .08/SQUAREROOT(3).

Given the above, it is then a customary normal distribution problem to calculate the probability of X>=124 from a normal with parameters 123 and .08/SQUAREROOT(3).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a study where I'm now focusing on 4 students. I'm trying to find the best way to interpret my data. If I calcuate the mean using their individual scores on the test (0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,6) I get a mean of 2.05 and a standard deviation of 1.73. I think this gives the...

Statistics [ 2 Answers ]

Chicken Delight claims that 90% of its orders are delivered within 10 minutes of the time the order is placed. A sample of 100 orders revealed that 82 were delivered within the promised time. At the 0.10 significance level, can we conclude that less than 90% of the orders are delivered in less...

View more questions Search