Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Williams-Lance Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Bringing a missing child home!
    We are trying to raise funds for legal expenses, and traveling expences to get a child back home to Virginia from Washington State, and would love any suggestions on how or who can help us? She was born January 2005, and her mother who is a meth addict ran with her when she realized that the biological father was going to take custody of the little girl. When she left she took everyrhing that could helphim fnd his daughter. E is not on the birth certificae son Va. He could not ge a copy of that or th social security card. So we have been looking for her since she as about 3 months old. The mother has used different names and committ ed idenity theft to keep him from finding her. We are on the east coast, she is on the other. She has been found and placed into foster care n Washington state. Now we are cutting thered tape to get her home. She will be 3 in January andhas had a arder life than most of us as adults. So to all of you who were harsh about the original question I am sorry but this was the first ime on this site, and obvously very upset and stressed. Put yourself in our shoes. All we want is help finding organizations that may be able to help, or just prayer requests. Than you to all who genuinely care and God Bless.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 4, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Is this a runaway?
    Expert

Oct 4, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Williams-Lance disagrees: answering a question with a question only confuses me
    I realize you are new here so let me point you on how to use the comments feature.

I asked if this person was a runaway because I know how to help you if it is. If not, I will have to do more research.

All you had to do was answer yes or no. My question was not confusing in the least.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2007, 03:58 PM
    When you post something like you did, about getting a child back, how do we know anything about the circumstances? You did not tell us anything except you want money to get the child back. How do we know that the child is where the child is legally supposed to be and you want to go and take the child? How do we know the child is an endangered runaway and you want to get the child back home? We DO NOT know anything.

So that is why J asked the question. When you leave out vital information, it is tough to answer your question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2007, 06:18 PM
    First you are not going to get an answer without providing enough info.

How old is the child.
    Why is the child in another state.

Was it a kidnapping, a run away and so on. Often the police transport some back depending on the reason.

Also how much are you talking about, a few tanks of gas and a couple motel nights ?
    Expert

Oct 4, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams-Lance
    We are trying to raise find for legal expenses, and traveling expences to get a child back home to Virgina from Washington State, and would love any suggestions on how or who can help us?
    Who can help you what? Is the child a runaway? Was the child taken by a spouse? Was the child abducted?

How old is the child? How long has he/she been gone? Under what circumstances?

If my first question confused you, I'm sure you are baffled by now.

We need info here, we need circumstances. We need every tidbit of info you have to help you appropriately.
    Expert

Oct 5, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams-Lance
    We are trying to raise funds for legal expenses, and traveling expences to get a child back home to Virgina from Washington State, and would love any suggestions on how or who can help us? She was born January 2005, and her mother who is a meth addict ran with her when she realized that the biological father was going to take custody of the little girl. When she left she took everyrhing that could helphim fnd his daughter. e is not on the birth certificae son Va. he could not ge a copy of that or th social security card. So we have been looking for her since she as about 3 months old. The mother has used different names and committ ed idenity theft to keep him from finding her. We are on the east coast, she is on the other. She has been found and placed into foster care n Washington state. Now we are cutting thered tape to get her home. She will be 3 in January andhas had a arder life than most of us as adults. So to all of you who were harsh about the original question I am sorry but this was the first ime on this site, and obvously very upset and stressed. Put yourself in our shoes. All we want is help finding organizations that may be able to help, or just prayer requests. Than you to all who genuinely care and God Bless.
    Okay, now that you edited your post to include the info that we were asking for, here is one place to start, if you have not already.

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

I have seen it work many times.

Just an FYI, since you are new... When you read this, please do not edit your original question as it becomes very confusing and hard to follow. Rather, scroll down the page to the quick answer box and type your answer in there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing child Sarah kinslow [ 8 Answers ]

I'm helping my friend look for her daughter Sarah kinslow.She's been missing since May 1,2001.She's listed on the internet in various places just put search in.Pay attention to the blog her mother is writing,there's extra info about her friends that we believe know about her whereabouts and were...

Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home... [ 1 Answers ]

We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years. One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her...

Bringing a new puppy home [ 3 Answers ]

I bought an AKC chocolate lab last night brought her home tried to get her to go to the bathroom and she never did put her in the crate she sleep all night when I got up to go to work I took her outside and she still hasn't gone is this normal?

View more questions Search