Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mady0415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Failure to accept payment of small claim, NY
    Hi,

My ex-landlord sued me and won. I am unable topay the entire amount so I sent a money with a letter detailing that I would send a monthly payment (and any additional funds when available) until the amount was paid.

I sent this via certified mail and just received the envelope opened with the letter, money order back from the ex-landlord. There was no letter or explanation.

I do not want a lien filed against me - what recourse, if any do I have?

This was a small claim in New York. The award was $1,830.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Maria
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 03:38 PM
    You have to pay the man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Apartment won't accept rent payment [ 4 Answers ]

My Wife and I were out of town due to a funeral. We called the apartment office to tell them that we were going to be late on our rent (for the first time ever, thirteen months, the entirety of our lease) because we were not in town. They said fine. When we got back, we went into the office and...

Statute of limitation of payment in car accident claim [ 2 Answers ]

I needed to know what is the statute of limitations in Pennsylvania on the amount of days a insurance company out of state has to pay the monies agreed upon during a settlement in philadelphia federal court. Court date was 05/18/2007 Papers signed and notirized 05/22/2007 Overnighted to Florida...

Credit agency refusing to accept a payment arrangement. [ 6 Answers ]

I was notified yesterday afternoon that I had 48 hours to let a collection agency know if I am able to pay a debit which the creditor had charged off in 2001. This is from an account that was in my name (while married to my ex) and they used his income to qualify me for the credit. Before our...

Refuse to accept payment [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have any health insurance. I went to the hospital and now I have a bill. I called them to set up a payment plan of five dollars a month, cause I currently don't have a job, and they said it has to be a minimun of twenty dollars or they won't accept it. My question is, by not accepting any...

Landlord/Tenant PA Refusel to accept payment/harrassment [ 1 Answers ]

We are having a few issues. Landlord filed eviction papers with the courts. It states Possestion granted IF money judgement is NOT satisfied by time of eviction. I know that means if we pay by that date, we can stay. I was told PA is you pay you stay. Well can the landlord refuse to...

View more questions Search