Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Oct 4, 2007, 01:18 PM
    10 years reunited, divorced, kids,
    Hey just curious as to what I should do, I dated someone 10 years ago, they went to the military came back into my life, We both have been divorced I have children he doesn't. We are both still young great careers, In fact have many things in common, share a lot of interest enjoy our time together with my children. But recently he made a statement about our cultural background, and about his parents not accepting the fact that I already have children along with my me having three strikes, Being of a different race, being divorced, and having children.

I was furious with this statement however I came to the realization that he is being honest with me. My children are also Bi-racial, and I took it very personal. I have been thinking about this for the past few days. Is it worth it to stay with him despite his parents having a big impact on his decision? Should I move on and remain friends with him? I already discussed this with him and he tells me not to worry he is ready for a serious relationship with me and accepts my children, but his parents are far more important.

I love him dearly but is it worth it??
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 08:53 AM
    I'd say it has a lot to do with how close he is to his parents emotionally, and how close they live to you geographically. If they loom really large in his life, and he sees them a lot and they are privy to the daily routine of his life and he wants it that way, then it's probably too much of an obstacle to overcome. If they live more than an hour's drive away and he talks to them weekly or less often, there may be hope, assuming that he's clear about it himself, and you have confidence in him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

Not divorced yet [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I split up and he gave me a car that he financed in his name only. My husband signed a paper stating that I was able to have the car and when I finshed paying off the car he would sign the title over to me. He has now left state and will not give me an address to find him he has...

Re :are we divorced? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm sorry, we live in New York, and we have been filing separately (divorced) although we live in the same house.

Married 23 Years/Divorced/Parents [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was married 23 years :o... I got married when I was 16... Now I am divorced... A divorce that I wanted... My problem is now that my ex is dating someone else my parents act like they just can't believe that I am not jealous... I don't understand it because I am also dating someone... I...

View more questions Search