Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2009, 12:09 AM

NeedKarma,
    If you see it that way it's OK for you but I don't.
    It was just a way of a saying and an oddball one at that.
    I was trying to be cute and obviously failed
    They don't believe in God, they say. But as such I don't believe in them for I feel and think that down deeply, hidden in their sub-conscience they know there is a God.
    There are no atheists in foxholes is an old saying that I think is very true.
    It has been witness in many wars including the one in Korea where I was.
    I'm going to be gone from my home for a few days visiting family way up north.
    I hope everyone has a happy and good holiday season.
    Peace and kindness and have prosperous gentle new year,
    Fred
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2009, 03:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    But as such I don't believe in them for I feel and think that down deeply, hidden in their sub-conscience they know there is a God.
    I think it's the other way way around: the believers, hidden in their sub-conscience, deep down, have some doubts whether a god exists.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2009, 11:31 PM

NeedKarma,
    Obviously we think differently.
    Personally I KNOW there is a God.. There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Jan 4, 2010, 04:41 AM

I saw an interview with Dawkins where he actually said he believed there was a designer but that designer is most probably an alien rather than a God.

Very scientific and lgical I thought
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 05:22 AM

What empircal evidence did Dawkins bring to the table to float that hypothesis ?

As we have seen with anthropological global warming ,it is very possible that the science itself can be corrupted when a scientist has a cult-like devotion to a predetermined conclusion.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 07:19 AM

He can believe in an alien designer but not a god? That's very logical. Speaking of AGW, I'd sure like some. I can't remember being so cold for so long in these parts.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 11:55 PM

speechlesstx,
    I agree about an alien designer who is powerful enough and wise enough to design and create the universe.
    That so called alien must have been a god to be able to do that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    nick444 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Religion Must Be Destroyed, Atheist Alliance Declares

No word on whether or not tolerance was a subject of discussion although one of the speakers at the conference, Sale McGowan, believes "humility is the natural inheritance of atheism." I'm not sure one reconciles these "bright" atheists pronouncement that religion must be destroyed with the pronouncement that "humility is the natural inheritance of atheism." Anyone? Or is it all just an atheist aversion?

Also, is anyone out there in fear of moderate Christians taking the next step and blowing themselves up, or is Harris right in that "Christians had a right to be outraged when the media treated the two religions similarly?"
    Listen you stupid people, religion has ended more life than anything the world has ever known. No need for the plague or aids or anything like that. Just have religion. I know many people of all religion greed greed and more greed, how can people with money watch starving people children . India all over the bloody world go to there churches and pray ing idiots, they are the one's rotting in hell
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2010, 05:17 PM

nick444,
    Sorry nick, but I strongly disagree.
    Yes religion has caused some serious problems over time, BUT...
    NOT as much as no religion at all combined with forces trying to stomp out religion.
    The fighting against spiritual belief has been foolish, destructive, deadly, and a failure as it always will be.
    That's history and trying to change it is a foolish endeavor.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spybot destroyed my PC ,help [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Guyz, I'm having serious problems on my computer, after I've ran spybot search & destroy (I) I can't open Adobe Reader documents in I nternet Explorer (ii) Can't open any .exe files display message unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Can...

Religion [ 9 Answers ]

Well, I was not raised in church, My in-laws quilted me into it when I was about 21. I believed every thing I heard for years, I tried to "prove" it. I felt like I had to see evidence of the spirit. I rasied two kids in church until they were old even to make up their own mind. THEN I started...

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search