Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottyscooter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 06:47 AM
    How to cash in a life insurance policy
    I have a life insurance policy that is over 25 years old. I have the name of the insurance co. but I have no idea what the policy number is. Is there any way that I can locate the proper insurance co. without the policy number. Every time I type in the name of the insurance co. I get a list of all kind of different insurance co. Please help!! :eek: The name of the Insurance is listed as Life USA Insurance Co.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 4, 2007, 06:14 PM
    If you are entering the name of the insurance company in search engines search fields, try inserting quotation marks ( " ) at the beginng and the end of the complete ins company's name, ie "abc life insurance company". Or post a note here as to the exact name of the company and I will try to locate contact info for the company for you. Or go to most any library, ref desk and ask for the ref book "Bests Insurance Company Ratings and look up the company. Info contained in "Bests" will include contact address and also tel numbers.
    aj_from_tx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 06:37 PM
    A lot of insurance companies have been purchased by others in the last 25 years. They may have a different name now. You can definitely cash in your policy but you will have to figure out the company name. If you can give me the name of the company I may be able to help and even get you a customer service phone number.

Oct 4, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Take this into consideration once you locate the company and before you surrender it for cash 1) you will no longer have life insurance 2) If you still need life insurance and purchase more ins to replace the surrendered life insurance, you will pay the rate at your attained age ( the life ins you bought 25 yrs prior was purchased at your current age minue 25 yrs which cost much less than you will pay now if you need and purchase new life insurance 3) If you have developed any healt issues over they last 25 yrs, you may find it difficult or impossible to buy new life insurance. I am an ins agent and very seldom recommend permanent cash value type life insurance and I personally own nothing but term life insurance. I would rather place my investments in other financial instruments. 4) Consider a loan against the policy rather than a total cash surrender - the loan will accrue interest but you will never have to pay the loan or the interest back and if you were to pass on, the loan plus the accrued interest will be deducted from any death benefits your benficiary will be entitled to. Keep in mind that if the loan plus the interest ever reaches an excess level, you policy will terminate. Most of the info I have provided is based on cash value insurance generally and may not be applicable to many other types of similar so called cash value types of insurance. For the best advice, I recommend you consult the company once you determine what company it is.

Oct 5, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBondMan
    If you are entering the name of the insurance company in search engines search fields, try inserting quotation marks ( " ) at the beginng and the end of the complete ins company's name, ie "abc life insurance company". Or post a note here as to the exact name of the company and I will try to locate contact info for the company for you. Or go to most any library, ref desk and ask for the ref book "Bests Insurance Company Ratings and look up the company. Info contained in "Bests" will include contact address and also tel numbers.

Thank you for your answer I will try your advice and here is the name of the insurance co. as it is listed in my divorce papers... Life USA Insurance Co.

Oct 5, 2007, 05:56 PM
    It appears that the company has been acquired by Allianz Life and you can contact them either by tel or by entering an inquiry via their website at AllianzLife.com by clicking on "contact us".

Oct 6, 2007, 03:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBondMan
    It appears that the company has been acquired by Allianz Life and you can contact them either by tel or by entering an inquiry via their website at AllianzLife.com by clicking on "contact us".

Thank you again for your help. I was running into a brick wall and now with your help I believe I'm on the right track now. I entered the name with the (") at the beginning and end like you advised and I came up with the same notice about the merging with Allianz Life. I will now try to get in contact with this Co. again THANK YOU!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Search for life insurance policy [ 9 Answers ]

How can I find if a life insurance policy exists on a recently deceased parent?

How do I find out whether my dad had an insurance policy? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I dind out whether my deceased dad had an insurance policy

Fiancee's ex-girlfriend is his alternate trustee on life insurance policy [ 1 Answers ]

Need advice! My fiancee's ex-girlfriend, who just so happens to be partner in a family law firm, is currently the alternate trustee on his life insurance policy. His mother is the trustee. I understand that their platonic friendship turned into an intimate one and they eventually became lovers....

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

View more questions Search